Pricing on Hyundai Sonata 2006?? $12,895??

The local dealer in SE USA has new 2006 Hyundai Sonata's with "full factory" equipment for $12,895 or $209 a month (not a lease but $12,895 for 72 months at 4.9%).

Is that the correct price? I thought they were going for like $17,000. I looked for any asterisks or disclaimers but I do not see any.

I own an Accord and would take one over a Sonata. I looked at a 2006 Sonata up close and it is nice but still not up to an Accord. However, if this is a real pirce then I might buy the Sonata. BTW - How is the reliability?

Reply to
Harold McMillian

I live in the SE and just bought a LS Sonata. (which I like a LOT more than the Accord.) Fully loaded, every option except power pedals and I paid a little over $20,000. I'd say that's a misprint.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote in news:CIUof.6162$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

They are running the same advertisement here in the NE too. It is valid, but contains many rebates that you *may* not qualify for.

The GL MSRP is $17895 - $2500 in rebates from Hyundai directly (but that does include $1000 rebate for a previous owner, which it doesn't sound like you are). Then there are dealer rebates, which are probably mentioned somewhere in the ad, like Active Military Duty rebate, College Grad rebate and so on.

The poster that answered you above probably bought a loaded GLS (there is no LS model). That is also what I purchased, with the V6, but also no power pedals. I paid $16,800 for mine before tax and tags. So, as you can see, there is a great variation in price from person to person.

So far, I love the car. I have almost 4,000 miles on it. The only complaint I have is that the front cup holder(s) sucks.

Good luck.

Reply to
Eric G.

Thanks. It is a mail stuffer with two sides. I read the things with a fine tooth comb including the small fine print. It does not say price after trade-in or anything else. I am going to ask them to show me the car and that I want to buy it.

I know what their response will be and I will then send a letter to the state attorney general. I do not like stirring up trouble but these types of ads usually prey on lower income or less sophisticated people. The dealer is a big outfit. I will post the results of what happens. If this is what I think it is then Hyundai needs to supervise their dealers.

Reply to
Harold McMillian

Sorry, typo...It is a LX

That is also what I purchased, with the V6, but also

Reply to
Rob

"Harold McMillian" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I am willing to bet that there is 1 car at that price somewhere on the dealer's lot. But again, you may not qualify for a few of the smaller rebates. If you raise enough crap, you may just get the car for that price.

The dealer that I purchased my car from has about 6 of these in stock. I would have paid $500 more than advertised because of two rebates I would not qualify for. Still a good price. I almost picked one up for the wife. Almost.

Yeah, it is definitely a bait and switch, but it usually happens that they can sell a few cars for that price if the buyer raises enough stink.

Reply to
Eric G.

' We have a dealer here in Las Vegas that advertises 2006 Accents for $4999.00 thought this would be an excellant car for my daughter ( who has a

03" VW Bug ) asked the sales person about it and was told, YES this is the REAL PRICE BUT !!!!! The car has NO air conditioning is standard shift and only has AM/FM radio, he added YES it is a bait and switch vehicle but its aimed and out of stateer's that dont dont need the air, He also added that for $5995.00 you can get the same Accent with Air, Auto, CD , power door locks and power mirrors. You have to check around, I got my 05' XG350L for 22K after the rebates of $5,000. I love the car to death and just added a set of 17" tires and custom wheels, which made it look like it should !!!! The factory should think about Chrome wheels, with all the chrome they put on it now the wheels make the factory chrome stand out...... It has been mistaken for a brand new BMW numourous times.

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

Thanks. I really don't like it when dealerships engage in crap like this. It seems like the second tier Asian brands like Hyundai, Kia, Suzuki and maybe one or two others engage in this type of advertising. Is Daewoo still sold in the USA? I know better but some poor sap will get talked into financing and end up with a $22,000 Sonata.

Yeah I wished Saturn would have done better as they were taking the right approach to selling cars. Saturn's new Sky which is essentially their Pontiac Solstice is a very pretty convertible. I think it comes out in early 2006 while the Solstice in on sale now. Both cars look like huge hits for GM. The road tests have said the Solstice is very good with a slight edge to the more expensive Mazda Maita (MX-5 or whatever it is called now).

Reply to
Harold McMillian

In bergen county nj, just bought a sonata 2006 LS, without the moonroof, for 21.3k (which included destination charge). Less $1000 cash back and less $1000 financing brings it down to 19.3k; just add tax title ins. This was about $250 under dealer invoice per edmunds.com. Fitzmall.com had the same car for 19.230.

You need to watch all the rebates - dealer loyalty rebates, military rebates, college grad rebate, trade in rebate. I saw dealers along rte

23 in NJ offering Hurricane Katrina rebates - if you were a displaced person from hurrican katrina, they took off another 750. Nice gesture, but to use that to bring down the splashed price seems a bit too much
Reply to
zigipha