rodeo starting problems

I have a 94 rodeo 3.2 4wd,it turns over and fires up for 3 secs before it dies.I can restart and duplicate this over and over.In order to actually keep it running,I have to wait till it fires up and hold down the gas pedal until I hear the engine surge and keep the rpm up until the engine warms up.This only happens on cold starts,e.g. in the mornings.If i drive to the store and restart car starts up ok.Does this sound like the manifold pressure sensor?I checked the fuel pump.I can hear it turn on with the key in the on position,and the fuel filter was changed 2 yrs ago.Once the car is driven all works ok,when the gas pedal is pressed it will kick down and accelerate normally.Anyone have this problem or any suggestions,thanks in advance.

Reply to
rkamp