1972 XJ6 parts

I recently acquired a 1972 XJ6 which I am trying to restore, but am having great difficulty in obtaining parts. Most of the dealers etc, here in Canada are just not interested, but I am sure here are parts out there somewhere. I desperately need rear light lens, interior courtesy light lenses and back-up light lens. Can anyone advise where to try and find these (and any other parts I find I need as the restoration progresses) Thanks Ian

Reply to
Ian Rutter

PeteR

Where are you in Canada, Ian? I lived in Toronto when I first got my

420, and I found a couple of people that were good at sourcing hard to find parts when eBay didn't come through. They aren't online, so contact me directly for telephone numbers if you are interested.

I've had luck with odd parts from Gary at Jagbits <

The Ontario Jaguar Owners Association members are also a good source of help <

> HTH

Reply to
Alan Brand

Have you tried

in the U.S.? I haven't used them myself because I have found all I need here in Australia but their on-line catalogue is comprehensive and their prices seem about right. By the way, has no one told you that you should avoid Jaguar dealers like poison.

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L

The problem with importing parts from xks.com to Canada is best expressed by the speedometer cable that I received from them yesterday ... US$25 part, shipping fee approx US$12, brokerage fee, collected at the door by UPS, was CDN$22.88 (approx US$20)!! Daylight robbery.

My only hope is that I recoup a little of the money by knowing how fast I'm going and avoiding a speeding ticket or two!!

Reply to
Alan Brand

Re-reading my own post, I feel that I should mention that I'm not accusing xks of any form of robbery - I love those guys - they supplied a hard to find part at a reasonable cost - it's the combination of Duty and Brokerage that I'm fussed about ... UPS and the Canadian gummint.

Sorry for any confusion.

Reply to
Alan Brand

I can sympathise. It is the reason I haven't bought anything from them either. I did buy some stuff from Martin Robey in the UK and had the same experience as you. I even had to rtrail down to the Customs depot to pick them up. Confusion to all gummints! Er... hang on. They seem to have that already!

Graham L

Reply to
Graham L

Good Lord who told you that - same must be said about Jaguar repairers!

BB

Reply to
Billy