XJS Trans Mount

Howdy, I have an 86 XJS that I just replaced the trans mount on. I used a urethane bushing, replaced the spring seat but used the old spring. I used calipers and checked the spring length against the new one I purchased. Exactly the same, so I used the old one and saved the new one for "next time". Now despite the new bushing, I still have a "thack" under certain road bump conditions, though very much improved compared to the "foam rubber" bushing pieces. Does this mount need to be adjusted in some way? Perhaps I did something incorrectly. I soaped and fitted the new bushing to the mount plate. Used only one spring cup on the bottom. I saw that the mount plate had eccentric holes that had about 1/4" "scoot room", perhaps moving it around slightly. Anybody have any sage wisdom for me please? Adysthemic

Reply to
Adysthemic

Solved my own problem. The front shock bushings are made from that crappy orange foam stuff, just like the trans mount. Replaced those with urethane generic (6.00 vs.65.00 for stock) Problem solved.

Reply to
Adysthemic