Libby tire

I have an 02 Libby that I will be towing 4 down behind my RV. I will also be using it in the desert .. no heavy rock crawling but some pretty good trails. It has all the skid plates and the limited slip rear. What is the best size and model tire?? It is running the stock 235s now and I don't really want to go to 30s yet. The sidewalls take a pretty good beating running in dry washes and it will get about 8k highway miles a year with about 800 off road miles. TIA

Reply to
AJ

I really like the BFG All Terrain KO. You can drop the air pressure while wheeling down to the single digits for low speed stuff, and they wear well on the highway as well. I don't think you can get a better all around tire that covers offroading and highway. It's not so good in snow, but if you're going to the desert, you don't sound like you spend much time in snow.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland
235-75x16 are 29.9 inches and only a bit slimmer than the factory 70 series.

Almost anything would be better than the standard Wrangler ST all-terrain tires, the optional Wrangler SRAs are a middling quality highway tire.

I am quite happy with my Kumho Venture AT-825s

What type of tire are you looking for?

Reply to
Billy Ray

A good general purpose tire that will take a beating in the desert. It would be nice if it wasn't too loud on the highway however I would sacrifice some comfort for off road performance. Like Jeff thought it will never be used in snow ( That's why they put wheels on RVs. ). We could get a "normal" car if it were not for the time we spend off road in Az.

Reply to
AJ

What tires are on the Libby now?

Are you happy with them so far?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Stock 235s .. just got the Libby used .. just happened to have everything on it so .... It was a Limited and has stock tires that I have never used off road... I will not be messing with the suspension until I get some off road time to see what it needs.

Reply to
AJ

Wrangler ST or SRAs?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

BFG all terrain T/A's or goodyear MT/R's

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

SRAs

Reply to
AJ

If I go with the BFGs then the next question is what size??? Looks like it is only made in 235/70 or 235/85 not the stock 235/75.. I am in NY now but will be leaving for Az. in about a week so I may have to wait till I get there to get them.... Thanks for al the information...

Reply to
AJ

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Get the BFG All Terrain KO, and don't look back.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I have had the BFG All Terrain and liked them. The other day I was looking at the tread difference between them and the Mud Terrain, and didn't notice much difference. The Krawler tires had the most aggressive tread BFG makes. Has anyone used the BFG Mud Terrain tires latley, and what do you think about them. For the OP, i put about 30k miles on mine before I traded for the Rubicon Unlimited this year. I know i won't use the Goodyear MT/R again because they pick up rocks too easy. Every time I leave my house it is clikity clak until I get going above 40. That gets rid of most the rocks, but not all. Never had that problem with the BFG All Terrains.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô