02 Liberty lift

Yeah there is. I love Madgardener's rambles. I have to drive the Jeep to garden at my friends place:^)

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

philthy

"Seahag" wrote

Just yesterday we had our first harvest. A beautiful cucumber and tonight a very nice BIG broccoli flower. Our garden is SO pretty right now I will get a photo or two and post it as soon as I can. I haven't got a thing I can connect to this laptop without dismanteling my system - I am too busy to do all that right now.

I'd LOVE to have you come and wander in my garden with me. it's small, but it gets lots of weeds. It rained FINALLY and we were out there tonight and picked a lot of nutgrass out from under the pole beans. Next year, more weed cloth. We put it under the corn and then covered it with straw. WOW it worked great!

Kate

K.

Reply to
Big Iron

"AJ" wrote

Hey Jim, You might want to just research your lift. There are a few good options out there but you should also know that your dealership may void your warranty if you raise it.

Kate

Reply to
Big Iron

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

LOL! Are you sure that was zucchini? I wonder how they kept it lit?

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

They can't do that Kate. They tried so the US passed a law about it called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act that basically says the $tealer has to prove the mod caused the failure. So they can blame a blown engine or bad AC on a lift, but they sure could bitch about worn steering parts...

Mike

Mike Romain

Heh, we are way behind you up here. Just got the first strawberry batch out of our garden. Mmmm the shortcakes with hot biscuits I made last night were sure good....

My cuc plants are still only a couple inches high....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

We've finally had rain too. My peas were a bit feeble, but the bush beans are happening. We should be picking corn any day now, if the deer don't get them first! If Mr.H ever get's time off it would be fun to drive up your way, it looks really pretty.

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

"Seahag" wrote

We have lots of space, and w'e love to have you! Sreiously!

Umm... if you do though, gimmie a few weeks though - right now, we are a disaster zone. All of the living room stuff is down the hall stuffed into the guest rooms.

It's sure gonna be pretty when it's finished though! 3 1/2" Maple plank in the living room, travartine in the dining room and we're putting granite and travartine in the kitchen. I am SO SORE and SO TIRED and we are only now halfway throught the living room. It has taken us a long time because of taking out the wall and replacing the front door but I like this room now, I didn't before.

K.

Reply to
Big Iron

"Mike Romain" wrote

Mike, you're right, of course but I should have been more clear. The warranty on the affected parts, and like you said they have to prove that what you've done is the source of the problem or is related in some way to a failure. Thaks for pointing it out for me.

K.

Reply to
Big Iron

Don't sweat it, I'm up to my ears in fiberglass for the forseeable future.

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

Travertine stains and is a high maintenance material. You SURE you want to put real travertine in your Kitchen? I went with a high quality porcelain tile travertine look. You have to get really close to tell the difference.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Reply to
twaldron

Yup, I'm sure. I've got a little over three thousand dollars worth sitting in crates out in the garage right now. Poor Ajax can't even stretch out. The stone will be floor and backsplash. Granite will be on the countertops and possibly behind the stove. I looked at the porcelain tile and it DOES look really good but the patterns repeated too often and I know this will sound really strange but the batch that I saw (at a quality tile place too) -- the color screens from the printing were not properly aligned so the pattern was ever so slightly blurred. most people would never notice it but *I* did. It would have given me vertigo until it drove me mad MAD I TELL YOU MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA... blubbbbllubbbb flltttbbleeemmm

As far as the floor. Our house is in the country. It's not a fancy house and if the stones get a little wear on them, then so be it. I wanted natural elements and this just called to me. We don't often drink red kool aide or eat much Jello and I will do my best to keep it well sealed for protection. No little kids to torture so I think we're fairly safe until we have another party.

Thanks for the warning though!

Kate

Reply to
Big Iron

Sounds like it will be really nice. I ran into the same problem with the blurred patterns and found some in all of the tile brands. I had to pick single batches that had none. That also mixed up the patterns better. I love the natural stone look, too!

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Big Ir> Yup, I'm sure.

Reply to
twaldron

Thanks for the words of encouragement. When I get the office stuff set up again I will start posting pictures.

I'm actually relieved to hear that I am not the only goofball that can see blurred patterns in things like that. I'm also glad to hear that it bothers you too. There are times that my type A personality becomes more of an OCD than anything else... I'm working on it though. Putting down another wood floor has reminded me that everything canNOT be perfectly aligned nor do all of the wood grains flow into single patterns along a floor.

Now, I will slink back into my corner.

:)

Kate

Reply to
Big Iron

:) No, you're not the only one. I'm sure once I was standing on the tile you couldn't tell, but while I was holding it in the store, it was most definitely blurred. I just assumed the silk screen ran. Problem is, they weren't all that way, so I had something to compare the blurred ones to. All I could envision is letting it go, then hating it once it was laid out. Arg!

At the same time, I put down $12k worth of brand new real solid white oak thick plank hard woods. Once it was all nice and perfect, I had the guys take a bunch of hand scrapers and literally scrape off about 4 trash cans full of wood off the top. You couldn't do that much damage to a wood floor in 500 years of use. Talk about wondering if I'm doing the right thing!!!

I think they both look great!

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 >>Sounds like it will be really nice. I ran into the same problem with the

Reply to
twaldron

There is nothing odder looking than an existing house with a brand new 'perfect' floor. The lack of character seem so out of place.

Reply to
billy ray

I completely agree. Another advantage is you don't get po'd when you put a gouge in it. ;)

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
twaldron