05 Dual top wiper problem

I just picked up an 05 Unlimited dual top and the rear wiper is scraping the rear brake light plastic. Does anyone know what would cause this? Do I need to remove the soft top rails? It does not seem like lowering the top the extra 1/8 inch would do it. I took off the rear tire and it still touches with no presure on the plastic. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike

Is stealhorse making them already?

Mike

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

(a) Is the wiper actually making contact with the glass?

(b) Please define "soft top rails." Are you installing the hard top over the folded -down soft top? Not a good idea...

(c) When you closed the rear door, did you first close the rear glass liftgate? The glass is secured with the rear door. If you close the glass liftgate after you close the door, the glass may stick out far enough to cause your problem.

(c) Maybe the third brake light housing can be adjusted.

(d) If you just picked it up from the dealer, take it back, you have a warranty, you know.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

a) Yes b) Soft top rails - the top is setup as shipped with the rails that you attach the back side/rear windows to the body with, in between the top and the body. I did not see anything in the manual about this. c1) Yes c2) I checked this when I had the tire off. No such luck. d) I had planned to make an appointment first thing Monday morning if I had not figured it out by then. Thanks

Reply to
Mike

The is the 'belt rail' and is part of the body. It is not designed to be removable. The hard plastic parts at the bottom of the side windows tucks under this to hold them in place. You may have the two smaller black brackets at either side of the top of your tailgate, meant for the 'tailgate bar' already mounted. Check to make sure the hardtop glass is closing all the way and not stopping at these brackets. I had an issue with mine after I bought a hardtop and put it on. Those brackets wouldn't let the glass close another half inch or so. This may be your solution.

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

on the dual top option. both tops are installed ... this is for shipping only ... after you have taken delivery of the vehicle the soft top should be removed as for if left in the corners will rub through. this should be in the video that was given with the Jeep.

Reply to
extremetj

My wife took it to the dealer. They fixed it right away and said the glass was not mounted in the right position. So far no other problems.

Reply to
Mike