2006 Wrangler photo

Anyone seen the photo of the next new Wrangler on page 54 of the August issue of Car & Driver? The top and windshield have been lowered and it looks like it might still have solid axles. All sheet metal is new.

Reply to
j carter

That is simply a Car and Driver artist's rendition of the next Wrangler.

From what I heard in from my buddy who lives in Detroit and works for a Jeep dealer..... Comparing the Car and Driver drawing to what they heard: The side mirrors will not be round, but will be mounted to the body, not the doors, for easier door off driving. The grill will be taller. Compared to the drawing: the body will be taller (windows will be larger). Turn signals will be larger than in the drawing as well.

What Jeep needs to watch out for is the rumored Hummer H44, the open air, smallest Hummer that will be available. It will be wider than the Wrangler, offer MUCH larger standard tires, Offer a more powerful 3.5L engine, and be a direct competitor to the Wrangler (but cost $10,000 more)

Reply to
Mark12211

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III