1996 Jeep Cherokee

When I removed the front bumper from my 96 Cherokee 4x4 there was a black football shaped container that fell out. Do you have any idea what this is or what it does?

Reply to
bhughbanks

That is the vacuum reservoir. It keeps things like the heater or cruise controls working when you floor it and lose manifold vacuum.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

while your bumper is off, follow the tubes that are attached to the bulb....these are a hard plastic and will become brittle thru the years....especially where they run behind the battery.....replace if needed....

Reply to
Mindy