2003 Rubicon U-Joint Front Drive Shaft

Trying to replace the u-joint between the pinion yoke and the driveshaft.

The driveshaft yoke does not have spring clips, and it appears that the end-caps were pressed on. After some investigation, the end-caps are held in place by injected nylon.

I used a torch to heat the yoke, then drove out the old u-joint.

The problem is, I can't find the right replacement joint. The yoke has a groove for spring clips.

Has anyone swapped one of these? I am thinking I should just get a new yoke that will take a 1310 u-joint.

Paul Nelson

Reply to
swbell