33x10.5 or 33x12.5??

BFG M/Ts Not sure what to put on my CJ. I'll have 10 inch wheels with a good amount of backspacing...like 4.5-5. Am I going to have any rubbing or any other issues by going to the 12.5? Thanks!

Reply to
<ABanks5

I think the general consensus is that 15x8 or 15x10 wheels will work fine for 33x12.5 tires. I recently just bought 33x10.5x15 BFG AT tires with 15x8 wheels. If you get the 33x10.5 tires, you will need to get 15x8 wheels instead of the 15x10. Another thing you need to be concerned about with the 33x12.5 tires is that they will stick out much farther than the 33x10.5 tires, possibly giving your Jeep that classic rollerskate look if not done right.

-Brent Bogrees '89 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2.5L TBI ? 33x10.5 BFG AT Tires '94 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L ? 31x10.5 BFG AT Tires

Brent Bogrees

in addition to making a lifted jeep more stable, i think the wider track looks better too.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I don't think you're going to have much luck with the 33x10.5's on a

10 >BFG M/Ts
Reply to
David C. Moller