47 Willy's

Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work . Not sre if i need a new clutch or linkage. Was driving it around the yard and after 20 minutes of fun the tranny would not go into gear. Pushed it back to the garage for the night. The next day i started it up and the it shifted just fine like nothing happend. Any ideas? Thanks

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Later Mike

Umm... when you get a little older... you tire more easily? Sorry... I couldn't resist. Hope you find the cure.

K.

06 Rubi, with some doo-dads on it.
Reply to
Kate

Cool.

I would be thinking linkage or engine or tranny mount allowing something to shift so it won't.

I also would be checking the gear oil out. They can refuse to shift if too hot from being dry....

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Just brought home an 47 Willy's . Runs great needs some brake work .
Reply to
Mike Romain

Very funny. I am tired.LOL

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Mike thats what i was thinking. The little Jeep was just used around the guys farm. Hard saying if they even changed the oil. I'll change all the fluids and then see what happens. And when i'm under there i'll look over the linkage. Sure looks good sitting next to my 87 . They say Jeep ownership is like a sickness. You can never have enough of them. Thanks for the help.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Later Mike

Yea

*sigh* me too....

K.

Reply to
Kate

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

I would say just change the fluid. You will most likely find water. Change the transfer case also.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Clap Trap

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Thanks Bill . That was what i was looking for.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

Thats what i'm going to do first. Just need to make some time. Flush every thing out and start fresh.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

I like your Jeep. Neat pics.