83 toyota truck engine size???

Doe's anyone know what size the 22r engine is on a 1983 toyota 4X4 pickup truck? I need to know this so I know what starter to get. Thanks Jamie have a nice day

Reply to
Jamie Mello

Jamie,

All stock 22R's are 2.4L 4cyls. 82-84 Should be 22R with a carb. 85+ have EFI and are 22RE.

check on

to see if you can get a better price on that starter. You can still pick it up and pay locally using this website.

HTH

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Thanks for the quick reply. I know there are 2 engine sizes (2.2,2.4) for that year Thanks so munch

Reply to
Jamie Mello

Now what size engines doe's a 1981 2 wheel drive toyota pickup have?? Will a starter from a 1981 2 wheel drive toyota pickup fit in a 1983

22r truck. Thanks Jamie
Reply to
Jamie Mello

I am not a Toyota expert, but the engine size in general has less to do with this issue than the flywheel size. That will be related to transmission type and four wheel drive versus two wheel drive, possibly other factors. You should be able to find the displacement on the emissions sticker under the hood, if it is still there. There are numerous Toyota newsgroups, such as alt.autos.toyota.trucks, where you might find more help.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thank you I will check out that group Thanks very very munch Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Mello