86 GW - 727 stall converter rpm?

My torque converter came off of a 86 GW, TF727, 360, NP229. Anybody know what the stall rpm on the torque converter would be? Trying to decide if I need to purchase a new one when I swap the 727 into my CJ.

Is it stamped on the converter somewhere? I have it at a friends house and could go look at it if need be.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

According to the transmission manual it should be 1775 to 2075 with the factory convertor.

Chris

Thanks again Chris!

Reply to
Kevin Sperle