88YJ Heater Blower Motor Problems

My blower only works on high. The other speeds don't work. I have been told it is the blower motor resistor (pack). Mine only has two coils on it and no other resistors. Is this the problem still? The coils look fine.

Reply to
rjmax

That or it's plug is bad. The two coils operate the two lower speeds.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
RoyJ

Those coils are the resistors. If you have a meter, measure across them and check for an open. They heat up when they work and can simply crack.

Reply to
DougW

I checked the coils for continuity and they were good. I guess I should check the voltages going to each wire at difference speed settings. I will do that tonight. I am thinking it is probably the switch.

Reply to
rjmax