89 YJ Tire question

I have the opportunity to buy P215/75 R15 Goodyear Wrangler tires for my '89 YJ. They came off a 2001 Cherokee Sport

Does anyone know if these would be recommended for my wrangler both in terms of lug pattern and tire size?

Thanx Bill

Reply to
BSartist

The 215-75x15 was one of the factory optional sizes so they should fit with no problems.

You don't say what particular Wrangler tire model you have there but it really doesn't matter.

Highway tires will have a better ride and handling on the road, ATs are a compromise, and MT are better in the mud...

Reply to
billy ray

They will be a good size for traction and are one of the size options for a YJ I believe.

I know that my friend's 89 YJ takes the same rims as my 88 Cherokee so unless they changed something or the rim backspace is way off, they should fit no problem.

Mike

Mike Romain

IIRC the 215x15 is the smaller stock size, 225x15 was the larger stock size. 235x15 will fit but you might have the slightest bit of rubbing agaisnt the spring.

The Wrangler comes > I have the opportunity to buy P215/75 R15 Goodyear Wrangler tires for

Reply to
RoyJ

Makes you wonder how all those GIs managed to get around using only

6.00x16s..

Reply to
billy ray

Check JP magazine's website. I can't remember which month it was, but they recently ran an article about how big of a tire you can put on various Jeeps. It was pretty good. They even sized them for various lifted and stock height applications. Pete

Reply to
Pete Stolz

Reply to
Steve Landis