92 and 89 for sale both 5k obo

if anyone lives in florida im selling a running 89 yj with full hard doors, half hard, hard top with broken back window. extra winshield frame in box. this jeep is a 4 cyc with 10 in wide rims which need new tires and engine needs replaceing which is the reason for the 92. 92 is a rusted jeep that engine and tranny r still good.. its a 4.0 with 130 miles but not ticken noises... good to run or rebuild. this has hood n grill r fine but fenders n seats r gone.. good parts jeep. both are for

5k obo... if anyone thinks this is over price plz tell me so i dont waste my time tryen to sell something that wont sell
Reply to
Jon

Well..... A dead 89 with unusable to most folks rims with no rubber and some iffy spare parts for $5K is a bit much in my mind....

Who knows, maybe you can find someone who 'really' wants a project to pay that, but I doubt it.

I bought my 86 back in 98 or so as a runner and paid less than $3K Canadian for it. It was rusty under with a nice looking shell, but still....

Mike

Mike Romain

the 89 runs the 92 dosnt ... and the 89 is a floida jeep has no rust at all.. just the hard top n doors are easy 1000

Reply to
Jon

the 89 runs the 92 isnt legal to drive cuz its taken apart n shit but the engine still will run ... and the 89 is a floida jeep has no rust at all.. just the hard top n doors are easy 1000

Reply to
Jon

Mike, I am thinking that this guy could put both Jeeps together, make it run, and sell the result for $3k. That is assuming that emissions inspection in his state will accept a '92 engine in an '89 vehicle. That seems like a reasonable combination to me, but you never know what bureaucrats are going to do. I would agree that $5k is a bit high.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

If you had the time and want to take the effort, parting them out can be the best option to realize the highest returns.

My 86 CJ7 Laredo came with factory chrome rims, grill and stainless bumpers, decent mud tires, soft top and soft doors, hard top and hard doors, an unknown to me at the time of purchase, freshly rebuilt engine, all new brakes, rotors and drums, new hubs, and an extra windshield complete with wipers, linkage and motor.....

The underside of the body tub was ratty and I 'Hate' rust so rather than try and put new floors in after driving it for 3 years I went fiberglass.

As I say, you might still get your asking price. I just know I wouldn't pay it....

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

if i put the line 6 in the 89 it would sell for 5k ez... i seen a 87 sell for 10k with nothing done to it... and i just called a jeep shop n they offered me 6k so i guess u guys dont really know that much after all

Reply to
Jon

A freind just bought an 88 with fairly new 31" all terrains, new rad, new bat. and bat. tray, and sony stareo, with no visable rust for $ 2500.00 Canadian.

Reply to
Greg

Take the 6k and run.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Maybe, I bought a 2.5 '95 YJ 98K miles with a hard top a year ago for $3,800. They did away with inspections in FL years ago didn't they?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Landis

Maybe your description is misleading :) It sounds to me like you have roughly $1500 dollars worth of Jeeps... So you should take that 6k offer... Aparently Jeeps are in extremely high demand in Florida.

No doubt you can get more by parting them both out on ebay... While you're looking around ebay you may notice that there are lots and LOTS of Jeeps that have running engines, AND _aren't_ rusted out hunks of shit; selling anywhere from $1500 to $3500... these include everything from CJ7's with fresh paint, low rust and running V8 engines, to fuel injected, I6 YJ's with 3" lifts ZERO rust clean paint and interiors.

Why not list your two pieces of shit, for 5,000 dollars and see how fast they sell eh?

Reply to
Simon Juncal