94 Cherokee Manual required

I am in UK

I have previously owned a 93 Cherokee 4lt Auto.

Sold 4 years ago (fool)

Just bought 94 Cherokee, 4lt Limited Auto

It doesn't come with an owners manual

Presently doing things from memory, does anyone have an old 94 Cherokee manual, or point me towards downloading one, as it is now discontinued.

Anyway, a couple of outstanding questions you could help me with

1) Tyre pressures, normal and motorway

2) Cruise control label, mines rubbed off, ie L,C,R big button

3) Changing from 2wd to permanent or temp 4wd, how & at what max speed, and vice versa

4) A good supplier / catalogue for Cherokee bits in UK

Thanks all

Reply to
94JeepMan
  1. Tire pressure should be indicated on the sidewall of the tire. Generally from 30-32 PSI
  2. Button on the end is for set/coast. Switch is off-on-resume/accel.
  3. Shift into 4FT or 4PT at any safe highway speed (50-60 mph is fine). Never shift into 4PT on hard surfaces.
  4. Dunno.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

You should be able to find an owners manual on e-Bay. I just looked and saw

3 of them listed with a bid less than $6

American cars and trucks will have a plaque in the glovebox or on one of the door frames with the tire inflation and load specifications. I think mine was on the passenger side rear door.

Sorry, I was foolish enough to sell mine also. I seem to recall that you set the speed by pushing the big button but we will have to confirm that with someone else

You probably have "command-trac" in your Cherokee. I never tried to engage it while moving and don't know if it is recommended. If you do have "command-trac" it cannot be used on dry pavement because it locks the axles and will scrub the tires.

I cannot help with UK parts as I live in the US

Reply to
Billy Ray

If it reads like this 2wd 4h n 4l then yes you can shift from 2wd to

4high on the fly safe to do at highway speeds (just let up on the gas for a sec then shift), never use 4high on dry pavement or you'll blow the t-case, u-joints or worse. I have only used 4 low twice for that you must be stoped, shift tranny and t-case into N then t-case to 4 low the tranny back to drive.. this limits your speed and keeps rev's high.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

You have a limtited so you might have a grand cherokee transfer case. So you might have a AWD for use on wet pavement etc and part time 4WD.

I don't know about the UK but i have seen band new reprints of manuals of all types @

Do a google on UK part places.

Ebay is also a good place i even found the Chrysler shop manuals on CDROM for my YJ at a fractions of the cost of buying new.$64 vs. $200 at least.

As far as cruise control i would just screw around with it until i figure it out or go to your local car dealer with a XJ close in year to yours. Take a look at the crusie controls, odds are it won't be worn off.

-Brian o_o_o_o /| ,[_____], |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O- ()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

91 YJ 4.0

Reply to
Brian

Sidewall indicates the max pressure the tire (tyre) can handle.

Owners manual indicates the correct pressure for the vehicle.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Hey..

Don't know if the UK version is the same as the US version.. but use this link

it should send you hopefully to the UK Chrysler Tech Authority page....

Price for 1994 Jeep Cherokee Manual in the US is 10USD

hth, Paul

Reply to
Paw

To you and others, thanks for the info..

Reply to
94JeepMan

So does the the sticker (if its still present) on the door or door jam

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Send me your email address.

Reply to
Diver

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

snipped-for-privacy@tesco23189037610.net

(Remove the numbers)

Reply to
94JeepMan

All relating to a '97...

Manual says 33PSI for mine, normal.

Mine has two buttons on the left and two on the right.

top left turns cruise on (dash light on) Bottom left engages cruise Top right adds speed Bottom right decrease speed (labelled cruise)

4wd permanent can be engaged at any legal speed on any road. 4wd PT can only be engaged on soft ground.

Ebay sometimes or as others here have advised...

Reply to
Danny