96 Grand Cherokee Stalling

By "won't restart" I meant cranks, but will not start/fire.

Doug B

Reply to
dougguitar

Okay, gotcha. Yeah, I think more wiggling is in order. It's also possible that there is more than one bad connection in there somewhere. Hopefully, it isn't underneath the dash! I had one that I chased for YEARS; it finally turned out to be map light mounted just underneath the dash overhang; when you hit just the right bump or pushed the dash just right, the socket shorted out to ground and blew half the fuses in the panel.

Reply to
Outatime

Problem solved. As it turns out, it was the PCM. It got where I could push on it or tap on it, and the engine would start to stall. I took it to an auto electrical place, and they agreed. I ponied up for a new factory brain for the ol' girl, and she's been humming along just fine for days now.

I just wanted to follow up. I hate when I read other lengthy threads, but then never get to hear what the ultimate resolution to the problem was.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I'll know where to come next time an issue arises that leaves me stumped.

Doug B.

Reply to
dougguitar

Thanks for the follow-up.

Mike

Mike Romain

Second that, thanks for letting us know.

I'm always reluctant to say "replace the brain" for problems in any car, but I'm glad it worked for you. Wonder if the newer compooters are better at internal diagnostics or if it's still a crapshoot when they go bad.

Reply to
DougW