97 JGC - Hi-beams not staying on when lights in "Auto" mode

The switch that keeps them on is not engaging but only in auto mode, manual on is OK.

When headlight selector switch is in "manual on" and i pull the turn signal arm to activate the hi-beams, the hi-beams come on and stay on.

When the headlight selector switch is in "Auto" and i pull on the turn signal switch, the hibeams dont stay on.

Is there some relay that makes that work? . Im puzzled becuase the turn signal arm lo/hi beam mechanism works ok if the selctor switch is in the maunal mode.

It worked the other night, but i had some mechanic look at it the other day for the AC, turns out the evaporator coil is leaking , a whopper (

1200 CDN) of job ( I told the guy id think about it ). But thats another email. I dont if when looking at my ac , there is something that could have been disconnected.

thx, James

Reply to
James Tinkess

James Tinkess

Reply to
PoBoy

Some rocket scientist mechanic had put the relay into the unused slot.

Alldata saves my butt again!!

PoBoy wrote:

Reply to
James Tinkess