98 TJ 2.5 engine

How many miles can I ecpect from her if treated on an "A" maaintanence schedule.

Reply to
OU812

my father had 3 of them all die around 80,000. As long as you don't let them overheat you should get 120,000 miles out of the engine.

Reply to
Mark12211
118,000 and going strong on my '94 YJ.

-jd

Reply to
jdarg

The 2.5 is tough. Currently running 31x10.5" tires on my 99TJ. Odometer shows close to 200,000 miles.

Have had to replace the power steering pump once... On deck to be replaced: radiator and alternator. To be replaced before it craps out: water pump.

No complaints here.

Reply to
gregw45

I'm glad to hear it. My TJ is my daily driver (my 55 Chevy takes the streets on Saturday nights) I just wanted to hear about the 2.5's as "Daily units" with Mobil -1 oil changes every 5K" ....plus the fact that I "baby" her. I do own a Caddy, but my dad uses her now.(It was my late wife's and I can't ...well....you know.... memories)

Any other opinions or suggestions on how to keep the 2.5 in tip-top shape? I'd love to keep my TJ forever; even if a total rvamp/rebuild (paint, interior etc. becomes warranted) Thanks again guys (and gals) George

Reply to
OU812

Are there that few 2.5 owners in here? Looking for more imput peeps. Thanks

Reply to
OU812

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Look, what more do you want besides basic maintenance? There's no magic formula out there (though some guy named ron will tell you say at 3am on the television). My 2.5 must have close to 250,000k on it and I've treated it like shit but it still runs good. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

'95 YJ 2.5 5 spd. Daily driver(135 miles per day).

179,000(as of yesterday). Mobil 1 10w-30, 6000 mile change intervals. runs like a top.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLT 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep YJ Rio Grande ASE Certified Master Auto Tech + L1 TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51

Reply to
Old Crow

Thanks O.C. I just wanted to see what others' experience with the 2.5 was. I wonder if Bill Hughes is always this rude with people in various threads. Oh well. He's a bit old for playing games like that. Thanks again man. P.S. I'm on the Mobil 1 ( 10w-30 every 5K routine). George.

Reply to
OU812

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III