[after market] Rear seat for 3 people?

I am just looking into Jeeps. Is there an after market rear seat that seats 3?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Hicks

Sort of depends on which vehicle we are talking about, doesn't it? If you are referring to the "standard" short wheel base Wrangler or CJ, no. There really isn't enough room back there to fit a seat, people and proper seat belt attachments. Two people is pushing it.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Yes...I was talking about something in the Wrangler group. Okay that is good to know.

Thank you very much...

Robert

Reply to
Robert Hicks

I think 3 ppl in the back would not only be uncomfortable, but would put the

1/4 ton Wrangler or CJ over it's GVRW.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Well, to be specific I was only think of my kids. Not 3 adults. : )

Anyway...thanks.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Hicks

Have you considered a longer wheel based Cherokee or Grand Cherokee. That have 3 seatbelts in the back plus cargo room.

The XJ Cherokee is easy to configure into a capable off-roader if that is your goal.

Reply to
billy ray

New JK (Wrangler) 4 door has three seats in the back with proper seat belts (not just a lap belt in the middle).

TW

The XJ Cherokee is easy to configure into a capable off-roader if that is your goal.

Reply to
TW

It is also longer 13+ inches, wider, taller, heavier and has less cargo room than my Grand Cherokee.

But you do get additional ground clearance...1/5 of an inch.

Reply to
billy ray

But the top comes off and it has a real frame..

Carl

Reply to
Carl S