Any Liberty Owners?

If anyone out there has a Liberty I need some help. I am in the UK, this is my first Jeep, I had a PT Cruiser before. I know the Jeep has the speed sensitive power locks and the "beep" of the horn when you lock it using the remote. I had these features on the PT Cruiser and I know they were set up by using a key/remote combimnation. Although how to do it was listed in the PT Cruiser manual (as I was able to set it up), it is not listed in the Liberty manual. I doubt they have disabled the features for the European market they have simply omitted them from the manual. Could anyone who owns a Liberty please tell me how to do it. I can live without the beep, but I really want the door locks as I felt much more secure with the doors locking automatically.

many thanks

Angela

Reply to
AK

I live in the States and mine does both of those things. At 15-20

*Miles* per hour the doors go KLUNK and the little buttons drop down. It is un-mistakable. Also, when my wife presses lock on her fob the horn gives a little beep and the doors lock. My fob does nothing because I put it in my pockett and some of the junk in there mashes the buttons and the little battery goes dead after about a week... However, if the 'Panic' thing gets hit then nothing will shut it off.
Reply to
John Welch

Hi John

I know these functions can be enabled and disabled and the instructions are in the user manual - could you have a look for me and post if there is something? :o)

Angela

Reply to
AK

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Never would have gussed that those could be changed by a user. That Jeep is down on the beach with Wife and Scout troop for a couple of days but I will have a look in the doc's when it comes home.

Reply to
John Welch

Thanks John, I would appreciate it. It could be changed on the PT Cruiser so I would have thought it could on the Jeep.

Angela

Reply to
AK

Try calling Jeep Customer Service:

For customer enquiries, please contact:

Customer Services Department DaimlerChrysler UK Limited Tong Milton Keynes MK15 8BA

Telephone: 01908 301090 Facsimile: 01908 301203

Chad

95 YJ RIP 02 TJ

Reply to
Chad Fraker

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Unfortunately that isn't a feature on the Liberty overhead console (not on mine anyway) it would be interesting if it is on the US Liberty consoles, if it is then maybe it has been disabled for the Euro market.

Reply to
AK

On my 2004 Liberty Sport (no overhead console), speed-sensitive door locks aren't configurable- you either have it, or you don't. To enable the chirping horn when locking doors:

  1. Press & hold LOCK button on fob, at least 4 & not more than 10 seconds, and press UNLOCK button during that time. Then release both buttons.
Reply to
David Mize

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

My ZJ didn't, had to design and build a custom circuit. The alarm that went on later did though.

Reply to
DougW

No Chirp :o( darn they must have disabled it for the Euro market!

Reply to
AK

Did you release both buttons at the same time, ie hold down the LOCK, then mash and hold UNLOCK, then let both up at once. I did this: mash and hold lock one, two, three, four, five - mash and hold unlock, six, seven - let up both at once. That worked on wife's 02 limited.

Did you get the light flash to cycle? (Mash and hold LOCK, wait, mash and hold REAR RELEASE, let up both.) Also, it can be switched from unlock drivers door to unlock all four doors by press and hold UNLOCK, wait, then press LOCK, wait and release. Did any of those work?

Reply to
John Welch