Anyone use Rubicon Express "anti-wrap" perches?

Hey Everyone, Next month i want to do a SOA on my CJ8. I'm going to be helping two friend's who have built more Jeeps than i could count, in a professional shop with lifts, huge welder, steel stock, etc. Basically, they have the whole thing mastered. What i'm wondering about.... has anyone used the "anti-wrap" style spring perches from Rubicon Express, or somewhere else? On my buddie's huge CJ7, he built a beefy ladder bar to prevent axle wrap. Would these style spring perches eliminate that step? Or should i still build a traction bar of some type?

Thanks, Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

I used them when I did my SOA. I do not have a wrap problem, but I used the stock CJ springs with an add-a-leaf. If you use YJ springs, the Rubicon perches may not prevent wrap. They are only a couple inches longer than stock, not really enough to make a difference.

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
Reply to
JimG

I am going to use CJ springs, with a slight arch. It sounds like i should be ok with those perches. Thanks for the advice!!

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish