Aussie into an 02 front D30??

Hey All,

I am begining to look into putting an Aussie locker into the Front D30 of my

02 TJ. I am planning on tackling this myself, i am cablable of doing it, but i dont always have access to all the advanced tools I may need when things get complex.

From what I am seeing i have to take out the Carrier and Ring Gear. Does this mess up any backlash or require shim changes.

The instructions I have seen dont mention it, but i know sometimes all is not mentioned in the instructions. Is this install as simple as the instructions appear.

As These instructions state, i know i can handle this job.

Thanks for the advice!!

JOHN

Reply to
John

If you have to ask, you probably would be better off taking it to an axle shop. Setting up R & P is a pretty exacting process and isn't a good idea if you;ve never done it before.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

These instructions will probably work if you don't mix up the thrust washers or shims. In theory, since you are using the same carrier and ring gear, there is no need to set the backlash. It is not going to hurt to check it though, once you have the carrier back in. If the backlash isn't right when you get it all back together, it will be "O shit!" time. These instructions look all right, if nothing goes wrong. Then you are stuck with a disabled vehicle in your garage, and no way to move it.

Many recommend new ring gear bolts and thread locker when you replace the ring gear, which is what you will be doing here.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton