back

Makes things come into perspective why Tim McVay used a Ryder...

After read>i dont really know where to begin to explain the sequence of events that

Reply to
Flash

Actually, that sounds like a REALLY GOOD idea, Mike.

Nathan, maybe you should consider a Montana vacation with your wife and family soon. Spend a week or two out there checking out the entire area to "help" your wife and family (and you) decide if you really like it there.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Yeah, you gotta get out here. I want to find out what a Libertarian thinks of Montana. Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico all get "A+" in my book. If you don't make it, I'll have to go up there myself and check it out. After living in Colorado for the last five years, what goes on in both the east coast and the west coast is "unbelievable" to me now!

If you ever rent a truck again, I have had real good luck with Ryder. We took one of their 26 footers across Colorado with a bunch of stuff in it, and the mountains didn't even faze it. It was a gas truck too. I let my wife drive it and slept.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Real estate listings are all on line now. I am now living in a house I first spotted in a Realtor.com listing six years ago. I just had to have it. I think maybe it was the mountain in the background in the picture, or what the guide book said about the town. I drove to Colorado with a stack of listing pages, with that one on top. I figured any town with less than

500 year round residents couldn't be all bad, and I was right!

Renting for a year is a real good idea unless you spot something that you fall in love with right away though.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

ha ha.......well, what i saw of it i loved it!

lol........YOU are the man!

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

believe me, i _really_ didnt want to but i wasnt going to ask my wife to stay when she was so upset. its so unlike her to "demand" anything but she was trembling and i couldnt deny her.

to make things worse, being on the road for 2 weeks living off mcdonalds ive got this gut.....im a doughboy! lol.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

No offense taken. I keep forgetting about that dang Front Range part of Colorado. Maybe if I forget about it long enough, it will go away!

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

We came to MT from TX in one of those newer 24' Ryder diesels. It was packed to the hilt and towing my Jeep that was packed full too. It got a little slow across the mountains, but really had no problems and I actually enjoyed driving that beast. The wife followed behind in the van. What ticked her off was how I didn't want to stop for hours on end. I just wanted to get here and get it done. Overall we like living here in MT, but I gotta be truthful - Wyoming is the favorite place we've lived and I'd go back there in a minute. I'd go back to ND too. You couldn't drag me back east or to the west coast. No offense, but they can have most of CO these days too.

Vote Libertarian!

Terry.

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

we lived in rapid city when i was itty bitty so on the return trip we came down through sheridan/rapid city/badlands on I90. it was awesome, but other than the uhauls inability to climb the weak grades in the black hills, i couldnt figure out what was "bad" about the "badlands". ?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

in three years and thousands of posts ive helped each and every time ive had valid content to contribute, as well as tried to make things "fun" along the way. its a shame you only seem to have seen me discuss daimler and uhaul.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

thanks tom.

. im busted. youve analyzed me and figured me out. i guess being away from the drugs, crime, and humidity were to much for me afterall. thanks for helping me figure it all out. *-(

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nathan, Sorry about your misfortune. Hope things go better in the future. I also hope you will take some advice from an old fart as constructive:

Your "adventure" with Chrysler affected all of us, and many of us tried to help, but you wouldn't (or couldn't) take our advice to retain counsel which had disasterous results for you. When you decided to move to cowboy country many questioned your decision to use U-Haul and kindly suggested that it was a false economy. Again, you wouldn't (or couldn't) take that advice with a bad result.

Perhaps that is why your return to the newsgroup is receiving a negative reaction from some quarters. It's probably best to keep personal issues off the newsgroup and stick to jeeping. (You can always discuss personal things privately with the friends you meet here.)

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Nathan:

I think the word "unbelievable" was the wrong word for me to use. I DO believe that this all happened to you. Please change the word "unbelievable" to "not understandable."

I still can't understand how turning around and driving 2500 miles back to NC, was a better choice than driving the relatively few more miles to your original destination.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

nor can i, but that is what the wife _really_ wanted so i made it happen.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I am going to avoid the whole whiner thing going on elsewhere, and express my sincere regret that your move went so badly. I wonder, like some of the others, why you turned around and came home so close to your destination. Perhaps being there would give me more insight to the burdens of living in a broken down rental truck, but turning around and heading for NC had to only lengthen the ordeal, and it gets you back to where you started with several thousand dollars spread across the country.

Maybe next time you want to move, you should bundle up a pile of twenties and send them to me, and save the grief of loading and unloading the truck. ;-)

stereotyping

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, we've also seen long, dragged out bullshit threads about your whole stupid move to Montana, and your idiotic refusal to take the good advice given you here. Pearls before swine. Now we have to listen to you bich and moan how it's all Uhaul's fault.

Reply to
Jeffrey Leonard

lol......i wasnt going to bother playing with the troll but this was to funny and ironic. someone who has to use a fake name to confront me (because you dont have the balls to do it on your own) going to talk about being a real man. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

lol.....youve been here "all" this time (years according to your "story"), youve never contributed a THING to this newsgroup before this thread, and now youre going to step in and save the newsgroup from me? lol

sorry guys, seems this troll is obscessed. probably one in the same thats followed me from other newsgroups in the past. ive plonked him and wont respond further.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Under that name and/or email address, he has a posting history of precisely one thread. Using fullname you only get mention of another person unless he is claiming to be a bozo baseball player. As for following you from another newsgroup, not under that name he hasn't. Not that anyone is buying his claim of identity....

Reply to
Lon Stowell