seat fabric

if i buy a set of '00 sahara seats for my rubi, is it possible to dye the fabric black? where would i go to find something like that? thanks,

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Approximately 10/8/03 14:13, Nathan W. Collier uttered for posterity:

Yes, and possibly without turning the back of your entire wardrobe black. Check with a custom auto upholsterer in your area....

Reply to
Lon Stowell

thanks lon. the sahara seats are awesome, if i could pull that off id be really happy.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Approximately 10/8/03 15:30, Nathan W. Collier uttered for posterity:

It won't be cheap, but should be cheaper than having them replace the cloth entirely. Some can't be died very easily.

Why not put in a set of Recaro's or Corbeau's? Might be cheaper.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

im looking at an even swap for my high backs, the only thing that will cost me anything is the dye job (and the cost of travelling to swap the seats).

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

doh...i gotcha now.....youre talking about seat covers. ive had less than great success in the past with seat covers.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Approximately 10/8/03 16:31, Nathan W. Collier uttered for posterity:

No, those are two of the major aftermarket seat makers. Also found as original equipment in some Porsche, Boeings, office chairs, marine, trucks/bus, racing, etc.

and

Lon Stowell

Do what you have to do. Those Rubi seats are FAGLY&FUGLY!!!! My 94 green Sahara canvas seats are great. 190600 Miles and still without a tear.

Reply to
Peter Parker

my rubicon seats suck. they sit to low to the floor and the back goes up nearly to the roof. my '00 sahara seats were the most comfortable seats ive ever owned and id really like having them in my rubi if i can get them dyed black.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I haven't tried yet, but mine have zippers on them. It appears that they might just slip off & you can take them to a Laundromat with some RITZ or something.

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

wow.....i never even considered that possibility!

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I bought some 1 inch spacers to lift my seats on my 03 tj. Im 6'4'' and they were to low stock. In hindsight I would have gone with the 1.5 inch, but I though they woudl be to high with my height. One of the best mods yet Tony

Reply to
Rokihora

hi tony, even if i raise the height there is still the problem of the high back, which would be even higher with the spacers. i cant see over them. i sat in a '02 the other day and was amazed at how "right" it felt. the "high back" seat was a bust, i hope they discontinue it.

Reply to
Nathan Collier