back seat musings

Has anyone taken their standard series 3 seats out of the front and put them in the back? I've got uncomfortable bench seats in the back of my hard top

109. There's a 100 litre LPG tank in there too, so I reckon I could bodge two reasonably comfortable inward facing (front) seats in the back, leaving room for Santa to put some comfy high-back style seats in the front.....

Dear Santa....

Reply to
Olly R

We have some in the Series 3 - came out of a Rover apparently. Try and get some that have fairly flat seats. The Rover ones we have fitted are more of a wedge shape which slope towards the back of the seat and the driving position isn't that comfortable if you have short legs like I do. The seat gets in the way of easy leg movement. Bruce finds that his head is too near to the roof and his eyes are level with the bit where the windscreen meets the roof. The previous owner had a Moutney steering wheel fitted which is alot smaller - probably because there wasn't enough room to get his legs in.

The Lightweight on the other hand has the original seats and the driving position is much better for both of us.

Reply to
Nikki

They don't fit, I'm going soft in my old age I treated myself to an extreme seat in the front.

Reply to
Larry

Trouble with me is my knee keeps cancelling the indicator stalk

Herd an interesting piece on the today programme this morning some guy suggesting that there should be legislation to encourage eccentric old fogeys. A grant towards a room full of old gramaphones and stuffed animals and a morris minor was suggested. Well stuff the moggy minor I reckon my series 3 qualifies for government support :)

Reply to
Larry

I'm partially convinced that this very driving position which was the same on Percy when I got him was the route of my knee problems futher more aggrivated by the crash gearbox of the IIa.

Thought it worthy of mention as I know you also have a knee complaint.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Fitted Metro seats in my 2a - found that they had to be fitted far enough forward on the seat box to allow the back of the seat to be would back enough to get a decent seat angle - if you fitted them with the rear of the seat squab up against the bulkhead then you ended up with the seat back at a very upright and uncomfortable angle.

Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

The driving position is not the best if you suffer from knee complaints of any sort. Sometimes after driving it my left leg has felt like jelly for ages afterwards.

Reply to
Nikki

and you really want a 101?

Martyn