Being pulled from the jaws of hell

Stay tuned, TRUE BELIEVERS!!!

"I can hammer it back into shape later."

Reply to
Shaggie

Cool post us stage 3, 4, 5, etc when you git 'er done!

Shawn

Reply to
Endo

Shaggie did pass the time by typing:

Ow.

Glad to hear you are safe.

Reply to
DougW

Thanks. Probably just dumb luck. I'm the guy who stuck his leg out of the Jeep a few months ago to keep it from rolling over on me. I'm trying to not let my only hobby be the end of me. :-/

"I can hammer it back into shape later."

Reply to
Shaggie

"I can hammer it back into shape later."

Reply to
Shaggie

Hey Shaggie, where are these pics taken at?? I live just outside of RDU, and can't seem to find anywhere to wheel that is close...Uwharrie is two hours and fifteen minutes...TIA.

Reply to
Joseph P

Bummer. It shouldn't prove to hard to fix, or too costly, if you do it yourself. My first car was a VW, and my first real job a VW tech. I still am in the habit of having fire extinguishers in all vehicles and 2 in the shop. SCCA vintage sports car racing requires an external battery cut-off switch on all cars. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for jeep clubs and events to adopt it, although I don't think they make one that could handle the amperage of a winch.

-- Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Reply to
Paul Calman

540 to Leesville Road area... I don't know all of the names of the roads. Someone told me about the "Kemp Road Trails" so I pulled up mapquest.com and started looking for Kemp Road. Find 540 on the map, then Leesville Road exit and look in that area. It only takes about 10 minutes of 35mph traffic to get to the trails once you exit onto Leesville Road off of 540. If you can find Kemp Road, you can/will find the trails. There are at least 5 entrances into them that are very easy to spot from the road. I also know of some more up in North Raleigh. Take Capital Blvd heading north. Turn right onto Burlington Mills Road. Go 2-3 miles until you reach the first 4-way intersection with traffic light. Turn left there onto Ligon Mill Road. Go about 2 miles and look to your left when you reach the bridge. You can NOT miss it. There are also a lot of trails out in RTP in the Slater Road area, but portions of them are closed for access as they extend 540 in that area. Good luck! There are a group of guys who get together and go out in the RTP area from time-to-time. Check jeepanywhere.org/forum and you'll see an "events" section. That will help you to keep track of what's going on locally. Hope to see you on the trails soon.

"I can hammer it back into shape later."

Reply to
Shaggie

Thanks a bunch!

Reply to