Blowby. Oil in filter, again?

Hey, me again. I was curious to see if anyone had blowby like my brother's XJ. We went through the procedures listed on off-road.com for changing the PCV valves, all of the plastic parts, and so on. My brother even put a brand new valve cover on there. But, he still has the blowby and is getting about 12 miles to the gallon at the moment. Is there anything else to check. The engine does have 160 K miles on it, but everything inside seems to be extremely clean. TIA Scott

89 XJ 4.0
Reply to
Scott

Assuming you followed all the procedures correctly, it is time to perform a compression test.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Time for a compression check....

Mike

Scott wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Bill, you think the PCV is clogged? I'll give that a try. Thx. Scott

Reply to
Scott Tate

Cheap, easy, fast. It will take a load off your mind too if it comes up good.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I'm not sure how the 89s are set up, but check your charcoal cannister if it's anywhere in the PCV loop.

Reply to
Michael White