Bring back the Brat or modernize the Wrangler

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

So would I.

I keep hearing about Aussie Subaru's with a low range in the tranny. I'd love to see one in the states. If I had a low range, my Outback could add the beach to it's talents. Low would also help it pull my trailer out of the back yard.

On the Cape Cod National Seashore I need 4wd low on occasion. If I never needed it, I'd be tempted to take the OBW out there.

Last time I was out there, I broke a front sway bar end on the Wrangler, at 7 MPH.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Don't know, but it ain't 4:1!

Reply to
Rob Munach

drop the pressure in all four tires to about 8 psi. much better traction, with slightly less clearance, for sand running.

Reply to
Tim

I know.

There are sections where tight turns are necessary and 4WD low is still very necessary. The OBW would definitely get stuck.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

Some of the blazers, exploders etc that drive on island beach in NJ are no more capable than an outback.

Reply to
jabario

Anything with full air pressure in the sand will suck. Anything with street tires will be less than ideal.

-John

Reply to
Generic

I agree, but it depends on the beach. Chevy Cavaliers can drive on Daytona Beach!

I own both cars, I'm very experienced with the strengths and weaknesses of both. My Wrangler is a '99, and the Outback is an '01.

There are tasks that either vehicle does outstandingly better than the other, and others that are a coin flip.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge