CB in a 2004 sport

Where is the best place to mount a cb radio inside of a 2004 sport? Where do you mount the antenna? thanks David

Reply to
DAVID DRUM

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Get the Cobra model that has everything in the mike and you don't have to worry about mounting anything. You can also unplug the mike for easy removal in case you're concerned about having someone steal it. Re. antenna: I drilled a hole in the top of my left taillight and made my own mount. You can always fill the hole with a screw and paint it black.

Reply to
Jack Carter

I have one of those Cobra CB's with everything in the microphone. It works "ok" for trail rides, but the sound quality through the speaker is pretty poor. I like that it is very easy to remove, so I don't have to worry about it getting stolen when the top is off. If it were to be lost I would buy another one, cause you don't need anything fancy running trails.

I mounted the antenna behind the left rear brake light on an "L" shaped bracket. I use a 4' Firestick antenna and on trail rides my CB transmits and receives better than most of the people I go with. I chose the left rear location for two reasons. First and most important to me was it was easy to route the antenna cable. I just followed the rear wiring bundle, cut a small slit in the rubber plug and ran the cable through the hole cut for the tail light. The second reason was that when I go into parking garages I can tuck the antenna under the rear wiper, I have a hard top, to keep it from beating its self to death on the garage ceiling.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

has something you can install overhead fits bewteen your rollbar and front top windscreen frame. Ment to mount CB's and or Radio's. I think it even folds compartments to hide. 1 and 2 compartment models.

Cobra and Midland are the best CB's i am aware of. They are magnetic antenna's you can buy.

has mount systems for antenna's.

Reply to
Brian Hubley