cop chasing a jeep

Frank why were they chasing yoou?

Reply to
BillyRay

Reply to
FrankW

Oh, okay...... That is one of the perks with Jeep ownership. If someone blocks you in you just go over the curb. I had a similar situation a couple weeks ago when I took my mom to the hospital emergency room. After dropping her off I went to the *free* emergency room parking area which turned out to be full of non ER parkers. The doctors area was key controlled and almost empty on this Friday evening so I just went over the two sets of parking blocks to the next lot. When we left the ER I got my *free* parking token, jumped the two curbs that separated the lots and picked mom up at the ER door.

Reply to
BillyRay

WOW, aren't you a "baddie"

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Reply to
FrankW

Even though you saw it on a Jeep commercial, you really should'nt park with one wheel on top of a VW.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Apparently the operator forgot Jeeps can't corner at more than 12 MPH ...

Heh, reminds me of my YJ when I was coming down this free-way type street at

80kmh and was getting ready to make a turn. As I slowed down, my Jeep stalled and I lost power steering. I got pretty lucky that there was just a small ditch and open field after the turn cuz I didn't make it ;p
Reply to
griffin

No, not a baddie. Just irritated and happy I could find a way to get my 79 year old mother to the ER and find a nearby parking place. I am sure the hospital knows full well that most of the ER parking places are being taken by non ER people but they do nothing to prevent it or to enlarge the lot. (The ER was not very busy as it was early Friday evening and the local knife and gun clubs had not started trying to kill each other yet.)

If they were to tag and tow a few vehicles I am sure it would greatly decrease the ER parking lot abuse but in the ghetto, where the hospital is located, it would not be politically correct.

This is another example where a minority of people try to ruin it for the majority. I attempted to follow the rules. I don't park in spaces reserved for the handicapped or in front of fireplugs, or in firelanes and get generally ..... irritated ... by those who do.

Some years back after a local TV station advertised the village fireworks (I live in a small village) the village police suspected that out of town people might venture to Hooterville to watch the show. We had never advertised as it is a small place and facilities for public parking are limited. The village posted signs every 50 feet on both sides of the main drag through town stating that parking was forbidden as there was only a two lane road through town for emergency vehicles to use, fines would be issued and their vehicle towed and impounded. The fire department personnel, of which I was a member, walked up and down the road advising people of the restriction and directing them to the Catholic Church, Presbyterian church, shopping center parking, the village pool, the village country club, the village administration building, the village dump, the American Legion hall, three village school playgrounds, and several ball fields. (Note: the Baptist Church refused to allow heathens on their property) Most of the people who pulled in thanked us for the warning and went where directed. Mayor's court was on Mondays before the fire department monthly business meeting at the village administration building. The parking violators were upset and the few that actually parked in (and blocked) the fire department driveway were indignant that in addition to the substantial parking fine, impoundment and towing fees they received a day in jail. Luckily the asst chief who was in charge of EMS had the foresight to pull both ambulances out ahead of time and park them at either end of the audience area. We did not have to transport anyone that evening as all the injuries were minor and mostly related to out of town drunks falling over themselves. Please note: The mayor (who was and still is on the fire department) did allow them to serve their day of incarceration on a day they were not scheduled to work although they could not get their cars until after the sentence was served.

The point of this recitation was the next year when the fireworks permits were discussed it was refused by the fire and police chiefs. That was in

1979. We had our first *new* fireworks display, a small one, two years ago because of a few people who put their own convenience, selfishness, and arrogance ahead of other peoples lives.

. "Pi-Eyed Piper" wrote in message news:vfdze.123227$tt5.36807@edtnps90...

Reply to
BillyRay

She has two wheels on the ground, why does she not just pull ahead?

Reply to
BillyRay

The whole time I was waiting for the punch-line about the Village Idiot.

Reply to
griffin

I'm confused as to the physics of this situation. There's no apparent damage to the side-steps or to the front bumper and there's no bits-and-pieces of the rear bumper on the ground (I'm assuming it's not damaged). How did the driver get up like that?! There's no ramp-like structure either.

Reply to
griffin

In a small town we can't afford a full time village idiot so the active members of the American Legion, Catholic and Presbyterian churches, Kiwanis, Rotary, Civic League, Fire Department (which are all the same group of people) have to rotate through that position.

Reply to
BillyRay

Is that the same guy that jumped his Rubicon recently?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I had to do that once when my girlfriend's husband blocked me in with his FatBoy. I didn't know. I swear!

Scott

Reply to
reconair

Well, let's hope the drive never walked away, or was carried out breathing. One more idiot gone that won't hurt me or mine.

Reply to
K Horner

Been thinking of starting an "Urban Offroading" website... I've had a few good examples, but not sure if it's a good Idea to post them and pics up on the net... :) The last one was waiting for the stupid 2 mile long train to pass at 1mph... Was with my girl who desperatly needed to get home, but we were blocked in from behind by cars and on both sides but boulder filled pits... HaHa, well, I wouldn't say blocked in... Threw it and four and did one hell of a u-turn over the curb and through the boulder field. I'm sure the people behind me were invious, in fact, and h2 behind me started to do the same but got wiser and didn't proced. It's 110 here at night and I got no air, and my girl doesn't particularly like ridding in my jeep, but that day it was her hero! Nick

Reply to
Nick

Time to find a new girl Nick! But in the future I would take them riding in your Jeep versus whatever it was that she was trying to get rid of in your Jeep.

; )

Reply to
CFLav8r