Giving up driving

For ever.

Tonight I had a go in this :-

As a passenger - well you don't just let anyone drive a car with 180bhp,

430kg all up weight and 8" wide slicks. That's 418bhp/tonne to save you the arithmetic. It's a hayabusa engine, quaife LSD, dry sump, lightweight chassis blah blah blah....

Anyway, the driver is very very very good indeed - he was in amongst single seater drivers last weekend and he offered me a go tonight on track as a thank you for sourcing him some bits for his build. I have never ever in my life been in something with such fierce acceleration and frankly unbelievable cornering power. Then there's the braking.

I thought I had been in quick cars - I hadn't a clue...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Fisher Fury?

Reply to
Depresion

Fisher Fury Spider - with the low chassis option and fully rose jointed all round.

As awesome a tool as you'll ever come across.

Best of all - 13" revolutions :-))))))))

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

i been offered a ride in the bosses juno at his next track event, at the last one he was boot hugging an aston martin GT car, apparently the GT car was leaving him on the straights but he could go faster through the bends if he could have got past. audit guy at work has been in it and loved it but i'm to much of a coward, i might if the thing had a roof haha

Reply to
Vamp

Do it - once - you'll never forget it. The cornering will scare you. Proper competition cars are just so far removed from a big heavy floppy road car.

Do it - you must.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh, I've just been watching the video and looking at pictures I took of that car tonight. Its speed makes it a damned difficult thing to capture with either.

I love the noise it makes.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Fierce, isn't it ?

P.S. Have new carb for Sylva, will be looking to do some err 'testing' soon.... Will keep you posted.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yes. Competition cars are something else. Caterhams can get close, I'm led to believe - but I've never driven something comparable back to back with a Caterham.

Yes. It's scary. In the past I've driven some "crazy" stuff like the (old, V8) BMW M5, now don't get me wrong it's stupidly quick. But there's something else about a relatively modestly powered, lightweight mental thing, eh? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Here's a video of the same car:

50secs ~7.5megs)

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That's what I'm talking about.

(P.S. fancy another go in sept. ? Trying to arrange Sunday the 10th)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle