Delivery Time for Factory Order

money that goes to the dealer it is on the invoice but "hidden" in code

Reply to
IsellJeeps

twaldron

It's money that the dealer gets from the manufacturer in order to offset the dealers financing costs (interest) on the vehicle. Usually somewhere around

2-3%.
Reply to
Tom Greening

heh.....he was trying to sell you what he had in stock. i dont think you can even get the grey anymore unless its a leftover.

i just couldnt take to it....just couldnt stomach the grey. my dealer told me that if i bought stock that he would pay to have the top/fenders rhino-lined black but that wouldnt work to well on the soft top. :-)

i got dual tops with my '03 rubicon

and regretted it. the hard top was nice to have when i wanted it, but those times arent often enough to justify another $1800.

rock crawlers. :-)

i dunno. i tried to order my rubicon with the 4 speaker system but the 7 speaker/sub-woofer is now standard on the rubicon. ill probably pull it out, i got that on my last rubicon and it took up to much room. i couldnt even fit my 1911 in the center console. on my '00 sahara with the standard console i think i coulda put my ar15 in it. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
twaldron

HHmm I got my 2004 Columbia Edition Wrangler, sticker $22850, in a dealer swap for $18000 and 0% interest.

I don't think they lost the hold back.

Reply to
Intergate

Cool I did not know they did that.

Like I said though around here there a three Jeep Dealers with Much many Wranglers of every kind and color, although when I bought mine none had yellow so I had them go get me one. They were supposed to charge me $100 to get it but never did. I have bought a few vehicles from them though

Reply to
Intergate

Nice visual...... brought back memories of watching the Rat Patrol when I was a kid.

-Tracy '85 CJ7

Reply to
Tracy Brooks

No, he didn't have any blue in stock. He had to trade with a dealer ~100 miles away to get mine (111 miles on the odometer when I got it). He told me the computer showed only two like mine in the whole area

I looked at what he had in stock, but didn't really like the colors of most of them (there were only 5 anyways) and half of them had automatic transmissions (I like driving a stick-shift).

That could be. I picked up mine in mid-December, it was manufactured in October (IIRC).

If I disliked the grey that much I would order instead of coating over it :-). I have seen a Blue+Khaki (w/ Khaki interior) outside the office building. That is not a good combination, IMO.

$1400 :-).

I understand, though. I'll find out over the next couple years just how valuable the hard-top is. I seem to see more soft-top jeeps, some with half-doors, than hard-top jeeps around here.

What kind of doors are on that Rubicon? I like the looks of half-doors when the top is down, but I'm not sure if/when I'll put up the money for some. I was thinking some light-weight black canvas doors would be good. I don't want the steel ones since I would only use them for fair-weather joyriding.

Yeah, anything higher than the X has the 7-speaker system, and the X doesn't come with fog lights or tow hooks.

1911? ar15? What are those?

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

i prefer the full doors even with the soft top. i like the look of the half doors better, but having a real roll up window is more beneficial for me. for when the top is down i fully recommend soft doors.

1911 -->
-->
i own and thoroughly enjoy both.
Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Thanks!

All I could think of yesterday was the 1903 Springfield, but I'm not that familiar with guns. I did read an article before about the 1911 and how the 9mm replaced it. I also came across a write-up by someone who put a gun rack in his TJ. If you're interested I'll see if I can find it again.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

im always interested in different ways of mounting a rifle in a tj. thanks.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

this is where i was at earlier today. they explained that meant it was on its way to the train. any idea how long it takes to get from "storage" to rimrock jeep in billings montana? :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
twaldron

thats just because the rubicon was just coming out then, and the railyard workers had it out wheeling. ;-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Yeah, that was it.

-D