Disabling the seatbelt chime - Libby

Ok, it drives me nuts when I want to run to the neighbors or the mailbox. The rest ot the time I wear it.

Does anyone know how to disable the seatbelt chime? Programming , not just unplugging it. I am told that it's possible.

TIA

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Just FYI the stats say most accidents happen really close to home. I got nailed bad turning into the driveway out in front of my house. This is on a city residential road Some jerkoff decided to pass at speed on the ditch side as we were turning right and I was in the passenger seat.

I would likely have been ejected through the side window with no seat belt on....

Mike

SVTKate wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

If accidents happen close to home perhaps everyone should move.

Reply to
Billy Ray

There are people in my town, who never, ever use the seatbelt when in town. One of them is a registered nurse and the director of the local ambulance association. This is a place where people drive on the wrong side of the road, stop in the middle of the street for no reason, and where a kid on a bicycle was killed last summer, in the middle of town, after t-boning a Suburban. The nurse I mentioned a few sentences back, is one of the people who had to help clean up this mess. My policy when driving through Silverton, is drive slow, be ready to slam on the brakes at the slightest provocation, and wear the seat belt. Another thing to think about, is that putting on the seat belt should be a reflex. Always do it. Don't think, "I am just driving to the mailbox". Just do it.

I would be happy if the people who didn't wear the seatbelts, at least in Silverton, took Billy Ray's suggestion, too.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Billy Ray has direct personal knowledge in T-Boning as he was involved in a (losing) altercation with a full size Chevy in 1968.

The experience of being run over, dragged along by the undercarriage, and finally having one leg/foot underneath of a studded snow tire (anyone remember them?) when the yabbo locked up his brakes was the beginning of Billy Ray's loping gait.

I don't recall if the yabbo had a seatbelt on....

Reply to
Billy Ray

Billy Ray proclaimed:

Was the yabbo wearing a bullet proof vest, or did the local laws prohibit removing road hazards?

Reply to
Lon

You might say it was a chance meeting not to my benefit

Reply to
Billy Ray

Thanks Mike, I have a relatively LONG driveway. My house is in the middle of my property. My neigobors live cklose enough to go to on the tractor or mower but not so close that I want to walk Ohhhhhh how about the Jeep!

Please guys don't preach seatbelts to me. I don't leave home without it and no one rides in my vehicles without them. I am a mother hen when it comes to them I just hate being bitched at by a bell when I drive up to the shop - also on our property - or down to the pond or out in one of the fields. My neighbor lives 1/8 mile from us, on an extremely rural road that only has four other houses on it.

Last night, we went to the dragway. We parked quite a ways from the bathroom, I wanted to drive to the bathroom IN THE PARKING LOT because we were sitting in the Jeep watching the races and I didn't want to walk all the way down there without a jacket. When I did the bell started clanging like church was in session.

OkOk... HERE

yellow arrow is my neighbors houseThe Red is My house the blue is my shop.... look! No Traffic, no highway, no problem. I promise to look both ways twice if I decide to leave my own property.

NOW will someone PLEASE tell me how to disable the doggone thing? You can either tell me, or I will figure it out on my own and do it anyway.

Kate

: > Ok, it drives me nuts when I want to run to the neighbors or the mailbox. : > The rest ot the time I wear it. : >

: > Does anyone know how to disable the seatbelt chime? Programming , not just : > unplugging it. : > I am told that it's possible. : >

: > TIA : >

: > Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

On my '97 TJ, there is a connector on the floor that I disconnected, and now it is quiet. I did that back in 1997.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

I am at the point where I am just darn uncomfortable without it on. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Me too, what you said. Like forgetting your watch or your wedding ring.

Reply to
SVTKate

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote : >

: : On my '97 TJ, there is a connector on the floor that I disconnected, : and now it is quiet. I did that back in 1997.

Thanks Scott, I found the connectors but I know there is a way to program it.

On my Cobra, I just yanked the bell out of the dash but I like the chime for things like the headlights and the warnings

Reply to
SVTKate

heh, I remember driving an "extremely rural road" when I was 16 without a seatbelt ; bounced myself into the passenger seat... (Landy's had slippery bench seats)

Reply to
Dave Milne

C'mere so I can pull your ear!

Reply to
SVTKate

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:04:40 GMT in , "Dave Milne" graced the world with this thought:

A guy I work with recently flipped his truck backing down his girlfriend's driveway, totalling the truck, going less than 5mph.

Reply to
bizbee

I'm taking my 05 in for service this afternoon. I'll ask.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy

When I was in high school (yes, they had them even in those ancient days) we ran around in a beatup '48 MB. Someone had built a metal half cab for it and there were two rather noticable 'bumps' in the top

- one over each seat - from similar excursions. Had it been a rag top, there would probably have been holes there. Is stupidity a survival trait for teenagers??

Reply to
Will Honea

Must be, it was dumb of me going offroad without wearing a seatbelt, no question !

Dave Milne

Thank you Ed :) How do you like it?

: > "Scott in Baltimore" wrote : > : >

: > : : > : On my '97 TJ, there is a connector on the floor that I disconnected, : > : and now it is quiet. I did that back in 1997. : >

: > Thanks Scott, I found the connectors but I know there is a way to program : > it. : >

: > On my Cobra, I just yanked the bell out of the dash but I like the chime : for : > things like the headlights and the warnings : >

: >

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

Got it in Feb with 9 miles on it. It now has nearly 15K. I really like it. My wife drives it most of the time. The procedure for disabling the chime is in the manual. I'll look it up in the morning. Just got home and I'm just too tired to look now.

Ed

Reply to
Edward L. Dowdy