Disabling the seatbelt chime - Libby

Try

works like a dream! Especially for those Ebay links LOL

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Just out of curiosity. Where would you keep one of these in a vehicle, just in case you were upside down and needed it? It looks like a long handled letter opener :)

Kate

: > Earle Horton wrote: : > >

: > > Not nearly as fast as one of these things would. They are one-shot, and : > > contain something very much like a rifle cartridge. Remember the last : time : > > you fired a hunting rifle? Picture all of the energy from that : cartridge, : > > bullet end too, channeled into tightening your seat belt. If you think : that : > > this could be dangerous, it is. One of the reasons they use it, is to : pull : > > you away from the expanding air bag, which could smack you pretty hard. : But : > > your fire video tops anything that I have seen. : > >

: > > Earle : >

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

I have one of these:

Don'tknow how well it works as I have never had to use it fortunately. Dave Milne, Scotland '91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

product_id=300>. We have a couple of these in the ambulance, plus spring

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The main use for a tool like this, in my opinion, is if you come upon an accident and have to do something to help the victims fast. I don't recommend even approaching an accident scene, unless you have had special training, but there are situations where one doesn't have much of a choice. I have a tool bag with some rescue equipment in it, but it isn't going to help me much if I get in trouble myself.

You could tape it to the side of the console or something. Or just put it in the glove compartment. Near the flash light.

Earle

: product_id=300>. We have a couple of these in the ambulance, plus spring

Reply to
Earle Horton

I was just curious Earle, I am NOT one to approach anything that is bleeding. If it requires more than a small bandaid, I am likely to turn white and fall flat on my own face.

I'm not likely to carry something like this either, but I wondered where a person who WOULD carry one would keep it. Cinvenience and all that.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Heh, if you are hurt, the most useful thing to have around, is another person, who knows how to help you. If you are hanging upside down by your seat belt, it is unlikely that you will be able to reach anything like this, no matter where you have it stowed. However, it will be impossible if you don't have it at all. Even if you don't plan to use something like this personally, who doesn't like buying toys? Note that you can also use it, as a letter opener.

Scissors are cool too. They are not nearly as macho as the Buck knives that some of my friends carry, but in my opinion they are much more useful.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

It is often surprising what 'ordinary people will do in an emergency situation.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The problem is, that ordinary people without training, will sometimes do things that are very dangerous, and even counter-productive. That is why you shouldn't do anything, except call 911 on your cell phone, if you don't have the training. Of course, if you are miles from nowhere, and someone is going to die soon, unless you take action, then you really don't have much choice.

On the example of lifting a car off a person, it has been done, but if you don't have extrication training, that car might not move the way you think it should. Then you could have two people hurt, instead of one.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Especially the 'every wreck is going to blow up and I have to drag the occupants out' syndrome (courtesy of TV & movies).

Reply to
Retiredff

We were told in emergency first aid training not to lift anything off someone if it has been on them for more than 10 minutes, or the toxins release will kill the patient shortly after; instead wait for the paramedics with proper training and drugs.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to