electric fans

I wish to install a fan in my 85 2.8 cherokee any hints to save $ and trouble

Reply to
anvil7

Pick any fan you would like and get and AC/DC converter, both can be found at Walmart places like that...

-Brian

Reply to
Brian

I would scrounge the wreckers and get a used stock one. Our Cherokee doesn't have AC so the electric fan is missing. The mechanical fan only covers half the rad, the other half is for an electric fan.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Aren't electric fans a liability when Jeepin in deep water? Just askin cause I was thinking about installing an electric fan on my Wrangler. Had occassion to ford deep streams in the past and was wondering if electric fans were a bad idea.

Reply to
reconair

If you have a manual kill switch, no problems. Some folks prefer electric when they have a lot of water on their routes.

All Cherokees with AC have a second fan in them that is electric. No manual kill switch though.

Mike

rec>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Easy to wire one in. If you do this I would suggest a lighted switch that lights up when the fan is off, so its not forgotten when you return to everyday use.

Snow...

Reply to
Snow