Engine Oil Pressure Gauge

Driving a Jeep Cherokee Sport 2001.

72k on it.

My oil pressure gauge goes from 0 to 80

When the Jeep is in idle / parking - the needle is at 20.

When driving with the accelorator - at say 50mph - the needle is a little over midway - about 50.

And on braking, the needle drops back to about 35 to 40.

Are these normal readings?

Thank you for your responses.

Eddy

Reply to
long eddy

Oil Pressure

At Idle Speed 89.6 kPa (13 psi)

1600 rpm & Higher 255 to 517 kPa (37 to 75 psi)

Reply to
billy ray

Yup.

Mike

Mike Romain

Factory gauges are a fancy sort of analogue idiot lights, not precision measurement instruments. If you're worried about the pressure, rent a real oil pressure gauge from your local chain retail parts supplier and test it. If it were my XJ I'd simple note which marks it usually hits and only spend time digging deeper if it misses those marks.

l> Driving a Jeep Cherokee Sport 2001.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton