FA: 1946 Willys - 571 Orig. Miles

This is not my auction but it may interest a serious collector... it seems to be getting a lot of attention. 30 bids with 9 days 15hrs left at time of posting this. It's all original except the 12 volt upgrade....

-Brian

Pasted from the auction:

Vehicle Description

Hello!!! I am pleased to be presenting this immaculate jeep. It truly has to be a one of a kind. Every thing about this jeep is immaculate you could eat of it anywhere lol. Where to start with all the extras? Comes with all you see in the pictures + a 40s Para scope for spotting enemy aircraft, Gun racks, end of convoy light seen in picture, infantry radio with backpack and small fold up shovel attached, removable soft top canopy, water bottle on the back of the drivers side seat. phone equipped with Morris code button, grunt handles on the side for pulling it out of the mud, leather Australian seats, quick fill gas tank for filling quickly on the run from the enemy, 8 ply tires, Gas can on the back with pouch for grenades on it, and blackout lights so you cant be seen as good at night by the enemy and for in a convoy. Shovel and pick axe on the side, original 1946 manual, old 40s pireen radio for tunes. Fire extinguisher between the seats, two army helmets, it has the brass I think there called warren hubs Did I mention the phone seen in the picture it has a Morris code button on it, has collector plates on it. 4 cylinder flat head motor. The only thing that is not original is it has been changed over to a 12 volt system.

Vehicle Condition

Um it is in excellent condition with only 571 original miles. This has to be the coolest jeep out there. It belongs in a museum. Better get this one before Jay Leno does lol.

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

L.W.(ßill)

There is a very faked Jeep on ebay being advertised as being "all original". This is one of the most slapped together mish-mash of parts from several jeep models and decades I have ever seen! The crime is he has labeled it so incorrectly - fraud I say - and some poor dopes that don't know any better are bidding it up to the $10,000 range.

This is a homebuilt jeep, not a factory Army jeep as purported. There are so many things wrong with this "only 571 miles on it" jeep I don't know where to begin.

The Top Bows are not even correct for an MB/GPW, nor for a CJ-2a. They are M-38 (1950-51), as is the windshield frame. The rear Top Bow mounting brackets are home made, not factory. The Front winch is not military, not Willys factory. The CJ-2a did not come with 4 grab handles; they are incorrect on a 1946 jeep. The blackout lights are a mess. The Front B/O lights are not in the grill where they should be IF it were a real military vehicle. The rear B/O Lights are mounted upside down and not in the correct position for a military jeep. Civilian Jeeps did not come with Pre-War Dodge King-Bee Marble reflectors. There is a muffler clamp holding the Carb elbow to the top of the carb - YIKES!!! There are muffler clamps holding the non-military Ax & shovel to the wrong side of the vehicle. CJs don't have Ax & Shovel, MB/GPWs did, but on the driver's side, not the passenger side as this cobble-job has been done up. The wire harness is homemade, and a bad one at that. Where did the hood welting go over the grill? It should still be there with only 571 original miles on the jeep.

CJ's don't have the spare tire & gas can mounted to the tailgate. Military Jeeps don't have tailgates. Military jeeps don't have locking wheel hubs either.

It has had a WWII glove box cut into the CJ-2A dashboard on the body. The glove box door looks homemade. It has the long 1pc data plate instead of the 3-piece data plate set.

The rear bumperettes are mounted upside down. What is up with the black reversed painted star? And the aftermarket taillight? It has a postwar pintle hook, probably from a Vietnam era M151. It has a

3-stud spare tire mount - that was discontinued at Willys in 1943!

What a mess, any other knowledgeable jeepers want to send this guy an email 'correcting' his listing?

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French