UNF trail run pictures (on and off topic)

it really _did_ start out as a jeep trip too.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Hey Nathan, On Sunday you passed a group of Jeeps heading towards Rocky Mount. The Black YJ with the Krawlers was me. My buddy and I (JimG on this group) were commenting on the machines you guys were driving. In our group we had two white TJ's, a blue CJ, a Blue Willy's with Krawlers, and my black YJ. Small world huh!

Daren

Reply to
D McMorris

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:52:38 GMT, "Nathan Collier" shared the following:

Looks like fun. I know what you mean about pictures not doing the slopes justice. I've been in spots before that were pretty crazy, where I was this --->

Reply to
travis

Hi Nathan,

We saw you right at your camp I think (near Rocky Mount). I wish I knew that was you! I saw the pictures of your Rhino last week when it was still on the trailer. Cool looking unit! It would have been a pleasure to have met you! Maybe next time!

-- JimG

80' CJ-7, 258 CID 35" BFG MT's on 15x10 Centerlines 4.56 D30-D44 SOA D300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn 8000i w/dual batteries LockRight F&R

Reply to
JimG

dude, my brother and i were commenting on your black yj! did you happen to try going up to the rock garden while it was wet? my rubi just was not going up it while wet.

that blue willys really caught my attention, but i really throught it was running boggers. i do remember your group....in fact i nodded at you as you rode past.

for sure! maybe next time ill follow along (or try anyway, those jeeps looked well built).

Reply to
Nathan Collier

ha......pretty much how it works!

Reply to
Nathan Collier

same here jim. ill definately post when im heading up next time, maybe we can all meet up for a ramjw uwharrie jamboree.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Anyone ever make "rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys" stickers?I think I may paint "rec.jeep" on my bumpers, my rig looks like a wreck.

Reply to
Paul Calman

We came up Daniels and then Rocky Mount all when wet. The rock garden was good and gooey, but no major problems. The Daniels rock garden was GREAT. It's always a blast, wet or dry. You're right about the rain making URE a fantastic place to be. Dry is good, but rainy is awesome.

Daren

Reply to
D McMorris

I have done the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take a picture so that the photo makes the hill look as steep as it really was?

I've taken pictures of my Jeep on hills so steep, I literally could not walk up them on 2 feet. Had to use my hands and almost crawl up the hill, but on the photos, the hills don't look that steep.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to