Gear Swap

My current beater is a 90 XJ 5spd 4.0 with 3.07 gears (D35/D30), 31" tires. One of my part XJ has the same axles as the beater with the exception of

4.10 gears. Could I swap the gearing over to the XJ with 3.07? All I am looking for is a little more gearing. If this thing makes it through the winter I will be happy, as I have already beat the living snot out of it.

Thanks

Reply to
gosling1

I think that would work out great, swap the whole axle! The 4.10's would be perfect with the 31's and allow up to even 33's.

Reply to
JimG

GOOD, fenders already cut and working on a budget lift!! Now to see what other trouble I can get into with this thing until the YJ and CJ8 are back together!!

Thanks!!!!!

chris

Reply to
gosling1