hardtops

I would like to know if when buying a new wrangler if it's better to buy the hardtop with the wrangler or can you get any good deals buying it on line with another company? Thanks Rick Dowling

Reply to
Rick Dowling

twaldron

hi rick, if you get the hardtop already on the jeep, the jeep comes prewired for the rear wiper and the rear window cleaner. otherwise you gotta go through the process of installing the switches, wiring, hoses, and bladder yourself.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

My 02 has a used top and my 00 Sahara had dual tops, I have $1075 in my used top plus it has a small crack on the inside and the element in the rear window needed fixing. I'm told $200 for a repaired rear element?

I'd get the hardtop from Chrysler. Having been down both roads and although you can find "deals", by the time you get the wiring kit and install it plus the nicks and dings of a used one. You'll most likely spend as much.

I have $950 in the top and $125 in the wiring harness, which I installed my self. I took me as a novice about 4 hours but the instructions where awesome, some soldering and some dismantle to locate two factory switches.

I'm talking Factory tops by the way. Don't know about aftermark tops.

Good luck, Craig

Reply to
Craig

Get the dual top option and make sure the suspension is tuned for the additional weight of the top.

If you don't and add a trailer later, or roof rack, or any number of options which go into the receiver hitch, you may find your rear riding a bit low.

This is espically trye if you plan on adding a after market lift kit. Be sure the kit is rated for the additional weight of the top !

Have Fun

James Hilins