Heading for the Rubicon tomorrow

I'v lived in this region for 16 years, and never been there. I'm going with a group of Jeepsters, at least we share common parts.

Reply to
Paul Calman

You should have a great time. We did it last year, started at around 10AM and made it to Buck Island Lake first day, then just did the big Sluice the second day and camped at Rubicon Springs. Did Cadillac Hill the next day and on to Tahoe. We had eight in our group, which was just about perfect. Expect slow going, lots of dust and a relentless string of obstacles.

Reply to
SoK66

You will love it!!!!

Its fun (however unless you locked, loaded, and don't mind possible body damage I don't recommend the Wentworth springs entrance). Its not all that hard IMO, although there are spots (like I said above) that are. That is some fantastically beautiful country. I have not made the whole run yet, we went in, camped near where the two entrances come together (one guy had busted a front axle already). Next day went on to Buck Island Lake, camped there for 3 days, took a day run to Rubicon Springs and back, then went out the Loon Lake entrance (well, I didn't manage that, busted a drive line and took the escape route towards bugle lake out). A most memorable and enjoyable trip!!!

Reply to
jbjeep

Have fun, and take lots of memory sticks for your camera.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I bought my CJ in '98, and went over the Rubicon in '00. I pulled a trailer, and the only bypass I took was around Little Sluece. We went in from Loon Lake and camped at Buck Island Lake. We made Tahoe by very late in the afternoon the next day. .

Reply to
Jeff Strickland