Hey, this Herculiner stuff is lookin' good!!!

I just finished the first coat. Only took 1/2 gallon to do the entire inside of my CJ5. Gonna wait about 2 hours and then go put on the second coat. Wow, what a difference!!! I'm taking pictures and will post them later. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Ain't it great? I did my YJ with it, and I love it. You just hose it out! Did you go with removable plugs, or did you just leave holes in the floor? I just left holes in the floor. The stuff is damned rugged!

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:33:25 -0800, Cal Wheeler shared the following:

I just left the holes in the floor. Except for the two rust holes, which I patched first with some scrap steel I cut out to use for patches. Yeah, it seems VERY tough. It took me a little less than a gallon to do the whole thing. Hmmm... I wonder how this stuff would do as an undercoating... I still have a little over a quart of it left over. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I have my floors done, and my half-doors paint didn't match the body, so I did them. Wife doesn't like, but it's not hers! My paint still looks good right now, but when it finally gets too scratched up, I'm not springing for more paint. the whole thing will be Herculined!. I didn't buy it for looks anyway Tookie - 88YJ,"Money Hungry"

4" lift, 33" TSLs, Lock-Rights PosiLock, 4.10s
Reply to
Tookie

Reply to
twaldron

Just don't get any on your hootus

Sean

Reply to
Sean Prinz

With all this talk about Herculiner again, how long will it be before someone posts a link to the famous hootus incident?

Chris

twaldron

If you haven't read the board it was posted to, it's worth reading. I laughed constantly the whole time I read it.

Chris

OK, I have to be the one to do it for the people who never saw it yet. Its just too damn funny.

Chris

Very funny. My side is hurting. I especially like this helpful comment...

I'm a thinkin' that mineral spirits will remove the hootus contaminant. Soak a corner of a small rag and swab it on there. Scrub thoroughly, but not vigoursly. A vigourous rythmic scrubbing will just make the problem bigger. Once the contaminant is removed, the hootus will be afflicted with a tingling sensation from the mineral spirits. You will need to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. To alleviate the tingling, wash the hootus thoroughly with warm soapy water. Again, avoid vigourous rythmic scrubbing. The cumulative events of the purported hootus contamination and subsequent de-contamination may cause post-traumatic hootus stress syndrome. To date the latest theraputic measures and consultations have not been proven to be effective. It seems the most successful treatment of this condition is to "soak it in cider". Good luck Gerald...

oooh! this is so funny. Hey how come nobody suggested Stripeze?

Scott

or

Reply to
reconair

LOL!! That's never going to die, is it... :-D

Reply to
TJim

I thought it was POR-15, not liner... Was it liner? Where's that link? It

*always* makes me laugh!
Reply to
TJim

OK, I was wrong. It wasn't por-15. I'm saving that link this time. I never seem to have it when I need it... LOL

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
twaldron

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:03:39 GMT, "c" shared the following:

Oh man, that was funny. I have a glob of that stuff on my elbow that I'm looking forward to telling my grandchildren about when I get some several years from now. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I'm curious: How would it be for a non-skid coating on a box truck liftgate? I have to work off a few different trucks an the gates get slick in wet weather. I suggested it to one owner-op, but then realized that I've never seen thestuff in person.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:09:37 -0500, Lee Ayrton shared the following:

I think it would be great for that. Go to your FLAPS and see if they carry it. The box that the kit comes in has a representative square on the outside so you can see what the texture is like. That way you can decide for yourself.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

I've seen it used with sand blasting grit blown over it before it dries - but that combo will flat take the hide off if you brush an arm or something against it. An alternative would be the adhesive coating sheets that skate boarders use on the top of the boards - that shit is almost impossible to remove once the adhesive cures!

Reply to
Will Honea