Hey Ya'll!

With the near zero storage and cargo room on these vehicles AND my personal anal retentive nature when it comes to aesthetics I believe that when I get a winch, it will be permanently mounted on the front as on my first CJ.

What's new with winches?

The photo of the new CJ that was posted yesterday has a nice looking setup on the front. The rest of the poor thing has been -- err -- ruined (new to the group, so watching my potty mouth) though.

Reply to
Kate

Tomes, thanks for the trail map :) Looks like a real good group here. I'm a little spoiled after the guys in the Mustang group the regulars there are a great bunch too.

Reply to
Kate

so will I still see you in the must group Kate??

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Just when off-road.

Reply to
Billy Ray

The anti-sway bar limits body roll when turning at speed, which is good. It also limits vertical wheel travel needed to keep the tires in contact with uneven terrain, which is bad. Disconnecting the front sway bar on a solid axle yields significant gains in vertical wheel travel:

Disconnecting the sway bar on an IFS probably won't help much, and there are no commercial disconnects available for the Liberty.

Some Liberty owners remove the rear anti-sway bar entirely for better offroad traction with the solid rear axle. This may degrade on-road handling and can be less desirable on off-camber trails.

You can lift up to 2.5":

If you lift you will need longer shocks. Don't install steps - get high-clearance steel rocker panel rails instead. Might be a good idea to switch to 15" steel wheels for better offroad tire selection, improved performance, and with a bit less backspacing to best fit larger tires.

The Liberty is handicapped by IFS, but with modest lift, offroad tires (@ 10-15 psi), and some traction assistance in the differentials, it can handle some fairly severe terrain:

Steve

Kate wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Be careful of the guys that tell you to go Jeeping topless, they might mean no top on the Jeep, which is an option that you do not have.

Reply to
J Strickland

Did you tell her about the topless Jeeping?

Reply to
J Strickland

Actually, we only encourage topless Jeeping in Moab, and only if you're a freshman spring breaker.

Reply to
SoK66

ROTFLMAO!!!

Great story!!

Reply to
jbjeep

Its a Libby... I dont think they come with topless models.

(take it any way you like it)

Reply to
jbjeep

HA!

Topless is good any time of the year. Just ask Rollover Pete.

For a while this summer it was hot enough to want to go toplessx2...

Reply to
jbjeep

These guys will spoil you given time. My other rig is a Toyota Sienna (best minivan out there - 165K miles of _heavy_ duty thus far) and I wish the Toyota group was as good as this one. Enjoy, Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Jenn is a topless Jeeper? Jeepers!

Reply to
Kate

Mine has a pop top. Little hole you can wave your hands out of When did sun roofs become moon roofs, No WAY could I get my fat a$$ out the top of that thing to moon ANYONE!

Reply to
Kate

Ahh... mann... some of those guys are like family to me. You know, inlaws and outlaws. Of course!

Reply to
Kate

I USED to go fast and topless .... Now I just have a peek a boo.

Reply to
Kate

I've still got it, it's just that no one wants to see it!

Reply to
Kate

I would allow topless Jeeping anywhere, not just Moab. I could accomodate a wider range of participants as well.

Reply to
J Strickland

Billy Ray wrote: When I went from an A6 to

LOL, thats what the little sticker on the drivers side sun visor should say instead of all that BS about a 4wd handling differently than a car.

all they really need to say is " You can't take off-ramps at 70 mph anymore.".

Matthew '82 cj7

Reply to
matthewf_boi

Reply to