Hi Lift

This Jeep chick I know says she wants to mount her Hi Lift to the top of her hood. I don't think I have ever seen this done, and a quick Google search didn't turn up anything. I have seen them mounted underhood, I don't feel too good about that (jack is hotter than hell when you need to use it). I haven't mounted mine yet, as I haven't figured out exactly where I want to put it.

What's the consensus on the hood mount?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

L.W.(ßill)

Hey Jerry... I certainly wouldn't mount it on the hood! I really see hi-lifts as an absolute last resort and I wouldn't need it mounted in quick access location. With that in mind I get a chuckle when I see them mounted on roll bars and roof racks... if you roll over, it's pinned under your rig and you need a hi-lift to get to your hi-lift! When I had my Suburban my jack was mounted in the garage until I went off road and I'd lay it across the back of the luggage area secured to the baby seat tie downs with big ass zip ties. When I got home I'd cut the ties and haul it back into the garage. I'll probably do the same with my XJ when I get it "Trail Rated" lol.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Hey Bill.. gotta love that hood mount! It's looks very handy for storing the shovel you will need to clean up the glass when you break the windshield opening the hood!

The TJ solution is brilliant though.. I'm sure it will soon be available as a kit for $59.95 from some off road store.

-Brian

: > This Jeep chick I know says she wants to mount her Hi Lift to the top of her : > hood. I don't think I have ever seen this done, and a quick Google search : > didn't turn up anything. I have seen them mounted underhood, I don't feel : > too good about that (jack is hotter than hell when you need to use it). I : > haven't mounted mine yet, as I haven't figured out exactly where I want to : > put it. : >

: > What's the consensus on the hood mount? : >

: > Jerry

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Before some genius reminds me that windshields don't shatter and that they have no sense of humour I'll mention the need for cleaning up the glass after busting out the CRACKED windshield with the axe that accompanies the shovel in this handy mounting system.

-Brian