Hood lock for tj 2005

Hi, I received a hood lock which i ordered from a german "on line supplier" without any instruction (p/n 1521.21). I just can't figure out how to install this lock ! I looked at every sides, up , down, all around and it still remains a mistery. Can anyone mail me a drawing and/or instruction to fit the thing ? Thanks for your help. Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

how about a picture of it, and telling us who manufactured it !

Reply to
Dave Milne

Supplier is ASP-ERBELE and manufacturer, according to the stamp on the plate is Hansen Styling Parts. Photo attached. Regards

"Dave Milne" a écrit dans le message de news: OrOHe.81406$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Patrick

I can't see a good picture at Hansen Styling Parts, but if it works how I think it does, it has a hole top and bottom in the body, and a lever attached to the lock. You turn the lock so the lever is out of the way, slide the whole thing onto the bonnet ( hood in US parlance) central through the two holes and turn the lock to stop it falling off. The net effect is to prevent you from moving the central catch backwards.

Reply to
Dave Milne

I think i found how to install it .The point is to unscrew the lever from the lock before sliding down the plate; drill four holes to hold the plate then screw back the lever which then prevent moving the central catch bacwards. What do you think ? I'm not sure to be clear as my engineering skills are not better than my english ;-)) Patrick "Dave Milne" a écrit dans le message de news: T88Ie.82090$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Patrick

Can you host some pictures of it ?

Dave Milne