Interesting letter received.. thoughts ?

I received a letter from my dealer here town saying they want to buy back my Jeep.. "there is a lack of Jeeps in the midwest" and they are prepared to give top dollar for it. On top of it, they are prepared to deal the new models at employe prices PLUS discounts of up to $4500(rebates?) I guess whether I respond would depend on what new Jeep prices are now and what the rebates are. I love my '03 Rubi but to get a new one (04 or 05) in my first color choice would be cool.

dave

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

Reply to
Dave

Heh, I doubt there's a car dealer anywhere that doesn't want to "buy" (take as a trade-in) a vehicle if they get to sell a new vehicle at the same time.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

yeah I suppose... buy it back cheap and sell me new at top dollar. I'll check in to it for a laugh. I'll figure out where I would have to be to come out good in the deal, tell that to the Stealer and get thrown out on my ear

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

Reply to
Dave

"there is a lack of Jeeps in the midwest"

They buy yours ... they sell you another one ... the number of jeeps in their lot increases by ... no, that can't be right :-)

Dave Milne

what state are you in?

Reply to
IsellJeeps

WI..

Reply to
Dave

LOL!

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Did you notice ISellJeeps popped right in there with a 'where do you live' when he sensed a possible sale? ;)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
FrankW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

f*ck off jerry i have never tried to sell anyone here... i was wondering what state because I heard there were a shortage on new tjs in tx I go to 3 states to buy mine and do fine without posting my jeeps for sale in news groups

Reply to
IsellJeeps

touchy ... did you miss his smiley ?

Dave Milne

my apologies I canceled it as soon as i put it up. a couple months ago people ragged on me because of my name..nothing to do with selling in my post. I never tried selling to anyone here.. Wranglers have always been tough to buy.. It is easier to sell them than to buy which is good for wrangler owners... it is ALWAYS better to sell to private party than a dealer.. Dont get me wrong I love buying from individuals who are in need of cash because that is when I make my money...

Reply to
IsellJeeps

I get the same letter all the time... Except from a VW dealer, they want my TDI Jetta.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

I have a friend who used to drive a beat up 1988-89 Chevy Berreta and he would get that letter from various Chevrolet dealers saying, "We are in short supply of 1988-89 Berretas. We need your help..."

This was of course in 2000 or so. hehe It's just their way of talking you into trading in. Can't hurt to see what they'll give you for it though.

Reply to
E. Jason Brooks

Reply to
twaldron

I phoned a dealer here on the west coast of Canada about 3 weeks ago, looking for an 04 rubi for my wife, no such thing right now, he searched BC, no luck, he then searched Alberta, no luck, said he could try farther but I said don't bother, I'm not interested in going more then 1500 miles to get a jeep, if he could even find one further.

Reply to
Greg

Dave proclaimed:

Don't buy. Let *me* open a dealership, and I'll send you an even better letter. I'll even tell you that I have hundreds if not thousands of would-be off-roaders standing in line to buy your 2003 Rubi...and that since I am such a nice guy, I will offer to take it off your hands and replace it with a brand new 2005 model for a very modest shipping and handling fee. Trust me...

Reply to
Lon

What!? They too cheap to buy a stamp to send you that letter? Heck I get them every year even from dealers I never heard of.

FrankW proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

?!?!? Come to Oregon! Not hard to buy wranglers up here. They do hold their value pretty well though.

-jeff

Reply to
Handywired