Jeep 4.0L HO Stroker

Hi, I have following project in my mind. I do have Jeep Cheokee XJ -92 with 4.L HO engine (243 MBI). IT has +160 K miles behind and I have started gathering parts for my spare = Stroker engine. Now I hope that somebody out there do have some experience or other way acquired know-how above mentioned topic. I do also have an 258 6-inline engine from Cherokee -80 where I'm goin to get my stroker cranksaft. Then I have an 4.0L (243 TBI) from Wrangler -87 where I'm goin to take the engine block (+studs).

So I try to fix together 3-engines and get one ~ 4.6L HO one.

I repeat a little:Engine block from Wrangler -87 (243), Cylinder Head + Injection System, electronics + Connecting rods + Pistons + Camsaft from Cherokee XJ -02 (243 HO) and Cranksaft from Cherokee -80 (258)

Now the questions: What prolems will I come across? I there difference with turbine plate/flyweel bolts at Crangsafts between 243/258 engines? What else? I will do total rebuilding with all available new repalcement parts and with local automotive machine shop help. Waiting You kind help.

Kindest regards,

Marko Heinsola HELSINKI FINLAND

Reply to
mace

Do a google search and you will find several websites on it.

I would recommend you go with a fresh turn on the crank and cam.

Also some CJ cranks have an opening for a pilot bushing that will be likely too loose on your tranny nose piece, don't know about the Cherokee 258's.

You might want to look at a replacement crank from a YJ that has the opening for a bearing or at least be aware there are different cranks for different trannies or years of them at least.

Maybe the machine shop will take the '80 one as a core and give you a fresh turned YJ one or one that matches. My personal preference is the bushing, maybe they can supply one the right size or turn a thicker one down?

Needle bearings get eaten from mud and muddy water runs, bushings are more forgiving usually.

Mike

mace wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Ummm...where is the original thread?

Reply to
Joseph Pribe

Sorry. Didn't include the original text in my posts. It saves gobs of bandwidth. I don't think I have it anymore. You'll have to reset your browser to download past posts.:(

//Ummm...where is the original thread?

Reply to
Drink

Reply to